Highlighted
jhartweck
Copper

Precision T5600 SAS/SATA Controller Driver

I just recently received the Precision T5600 Workstation. The original configuration was setup in RAID 1 with 2 SATA drives. I killed the RAID and loaded a single SAS drive in the RAIDs place. When I loaded a Windows 7 installation disk, windows could not see any hard drives. So my question is there a place where I can download the SAS/SATA controller's driver and throw it on a thumb drive to load during the Windows 7 installation process?

Thanks.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
32 Replies
RoHe
Diamond

Re: Precision T5600 SAS/SATA Controller Driver

Looks like Dell's Drivers and Downloads for this system are AWOL after the recent support site redesign.

I pinged my Dell contacts to see if they can get that fixed. Can't guarantee the drivers you want will be offered, but we won't know that until Dell finds them...

Ron

Forum Member since 2004
I am not a Dell employee

0 Kudos
Mjoosten
Copper

Dear Dell Community Users,

I am experiencing the same problem as jHartweck,

I recently purchased the Dell Precision T5600, but i am not able to install Windows 7 because the SAS/SATA Controller Driver is not available.

Did any of you manage to fix this?

I'm looking forward to your reply.

Sincerely,

Micha Joosten

IT Administrator

Inther Logistics Engineering

0 Kudos
RoHe
Diamond

Did you try changing SATA Operation in BIOS Setup to ATA? The default setting is AHCI.

According to the manual, "SATA is configured to support RAID mode". Not sure if that means SATA only works with RAID.

Will ping my Dell contacts, again...

Ron

Forum Member since 2004
I am not a Dell employee

0 Kudos
theflash1932
Diamond

Which SAS RAID controller are you using ... SAS 6/iR or the PERC 6/i?  Are you trying to install Windows 7 x86 or x64?

0 Kudos
theflash1932
Diamond

Sorry ... it says T5600, so the SAS 6 and PERC 6 are not options.  Here is the driver for the SAS/SATA controllers (H310 and H710):

http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/2684/DriverDetails/DriverFileFormats?DriverId=DV6JF&FileId...

Just remember that if you have an H700, non-RAID is NOT supported, so you MUST first configure RAID in the CTRL-R utility during POST, or even with the correct drivers, no drives will/can be seen.

0 Kudos
Mjoosten
Copper

Dear Dell Community Users,

@RoHe: Yes i tried to change the SATA Operation in BIOS Setup to ATA, but unfortunatly that did not work.

@theflash1932: I noticed later that day that this PC contains a Perc H310, and while talking on the phone with a dell employee i finally got the right driver. The link for the Perc H310: downloads.dell.com/.../SAS-RAID_Driver_1DV4H_WN_5.1.119.64_A00.EXE

When installing Windows 7 and you want to load in that particular driver choose the map "Payload" in there is the correct .ini file.

My problem is solved, thanks for the help i've been recieving and i hope others will find there solution with this info to.

Sincerely,

Micha Joosten

IT admin

Inther Logistics Engineering

0 Kudos
jhartweck
Copper

When I upgraded to A03 bios I lost all SAS operation in BIOS. Dell is sending me another T5600, still waiting on replacement.

0 Kudos
mcabiles
Copper

Can't get the Windows 7 installer to recognize the package. Has anyone extracted it?

0 Kudos
mcabiles
Copper

The PERC8 package actually worked for me. I was able to install Windows 7.

0 Kudos