Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 8th, 2004 00:00

Press Delete to Continue - fixed

I was fighting that "Press Delete to Continue" after boot, on my friends computer an L700cx with a Maxtor 40. There were other issues as well within Windows ME.

Finally in desperation I swapped the drive with an older Quantum drive and low and behold the Bios went through completely, right into the operating system, no need to hit the delete key.

This started months ago on his machine with no other symptoms, it wasn't until the last few weeks errors started  in Win ME.

Just a heads up.

Ron W.

595 Posts

April 8th, 2004 11:00

Did the original hard drive pass the diagnostics or did you even use the diagnostics tha came with the system?

24 Posts

April 8th, 2004 12:00

I didn't see any diags on his system, and I didn't have all the disks. But, the diagnostic lights were (looking from the back to the front, left to right) three green and one yellow after the boot started and the prompt to hit delete came up.

Also the fdisk and format routines were running very slow and would halt with errors at different times, I think they only worked all the way through once. Plus software install didn't go well either.

Ron W.

No Events found!