Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 5th, 2009 08:00

Problems with ATI Radeon HD 2400 Pro Graphics Card

Ever since I installed a Windows update a few weeks ago I've been having errors with my Graphic Card. Today I search for and tried to install updates for the Graphics Card hoping that it will solve the problem and now I can't even access the ATI catalyst ( r) Control Center. The error message now reads ... Could not load file or assembly 'MOM.Implementation, Version=2.0.3257.27085, Culture=neutral, PublickKeyToken= 90ba9c70f84676e' or one of it's dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

How do I rectify this problem? I have tried to re-install the driver but have had no luck with doing so.

I am running on Windows Vista 32 bit and I have a Dell Inspiron 530

HELP ...

3 Posts

January 5th, 2009 11:00

first this ist the whorst forum that i ever visit.

i think dell what to make big money and not to support customers.

where can i post ?

i do not know...

and here my problem, i got a dimension e520, and at the start it peeps, and halt with errors.

those light are on: 3 and 4, the other are dark.

can anybody help me ?

thank you very much

3.7K Posts

Hi Bob_Bee, Have you tried uninstalling all the ATI software, inc the driver, then reinstalling the software with the latest version.

18 Posts

Bob, I just encountered this same problem with my new XPS 430, HD2600XT graphics card from Ati. The solution is to go to safe mode and uninstall all Ati software and then delete all the ATI folders. After reboot install new Catalyst Control Center.  For some reason you cannot just update the software, believe me I tried a few times before coming up with the solution. Also found a few duplicate Ati folders appeared when I was trying to update.

Good to go after that.

3 Posts

January 6th, 2009 08:00

Bob, I just encountered this same problem with my new XPS 430, HD2600XT graphics card from Ati. The solution is to go to safe mode and uninstall all Ati software and then delete all the ATI folders. After reboot install new Catalyst Control Center.  For some reason you cannot just update the software, believe me I tried a few times before coming up with the solution. Also found a few duplicate Ati folders appeared when I was trying to update.

Good to go after that.

Thanks for the info Chri_mar. I'll give that a try and see what happenes ....  :emotion-11:

3 Posts

January 6th, 2009 10:00

Thanks for the info. I'll give that a try and as Chri_mar also suggests I'll do it in safe mode ....  :emotion-1:

1 Message

January 26th, 2009 04:00

I have the same system and problem. Inspiron 530s, radeon 2400 HD pro, I use the system for my business so sending it off for repair would be a disaster. Since the system is only a couple of months old I am disappointed with this to say the least. The quality of the support phone line is very poor and I can hardly hear them so I am turining to this forum for help.

The radeon 2400 Pro HD was working fine until I upgraded to photoshop CS4. Photoshop cs4 kept crashing with 3D hardware aceleration enabled and so I read up online and found out that the new drivers are required. I duely updated the drivers and catalyst control centre to the latest version and since then disaster. Windows Vista keeps crashing at startup refering to problems with ATIKMDAG.sys (the ati graphics driver).

I tried rolling back the driver and this worked fine until..... windows auto-updated the driver and the crashed started all over again. I have tried everything in the area including removing all ati drivers and CCC software and starting from scratch and none of it has worked. whenever I install the new drivers and software the problem re-occurs. I have now disabled the driver completely and this has solved the problem but left me with an unusable graphics card. Can someone answer what seems to me to be the obvious questions here from reading posts from the hundreds of other people who have this problem (and obviously the many times more who have it but dont use forums).

1.Is the latest ATI driver / CCC  update simply incompatible with Windows Vista 32 and unfit for purpose?

2. Is there a fix? (I have rolled back my drivers but of course now I cant use the 3D acceleration features in photoshop.)

It seems to me that Dell should be really angry at  ATI for selling them a substandard product which is so poorly supported it actually causes problems rather than solves them. Any help answers appreciated.

1 Message

March 22nd, 2009 18:00

Greetings People:     It's been some 7 weeks since the suggested repair / upgrade of the HD2400 cards.  I was wondering how everyone made out.  I'm in the midst of it also now.  I received my rework plans direct from ATI.  But, sadly the initial "remove old ATI first" step was missing!  What removal software is being used while in the "safe" mode?

The bigger issue to me is, what kind of an operation is ATI Graphics going to be over the next few years.  Are their graphic cards any good?  Are they always going to be this hard to reach?  Their web-site is down today, or it was a couple of hours ago.  Their product registration was messed up a couple of weeks ago.  Some times it's not the size of the problem, but the size of the solution that takes so long!

Hope you all did well.  Hope I do now.    GV

No Events found!