Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

G

May 31st, 2000 08:00

Problems with local ISP and DSL

For about two months now, I have been having problems with my DSL connection (i.e. slow connection speed). I had the local phone company check out the phone line and found no problems with it (no line noise). The phone company says to contact the ISP which I did and they finally admitted (after two months of complaints of slow connection speeds) that there is a problem with the way the internet is routed to my home (?) Huh?

I'm thinking that they are overbooking but this is all speculation. The reason I feel this way is because I found out via their web site that they have suspended all new DSL subscriptions. That was two weeks ago. The tech support guy things would be back to normal by now.

What should I do to try to rectify my slow DSL connection? Should I go to the local state consumer affairs office and file a complaint? Better Business Bureau? It's just so frustrating because I'm not getting what I am paying for. Some times my dial-up connection is faster!

Al B.

Aloha to all at Dell Talk!

2.4K Posts

May 31st, 2000 12:00

glide;

This link to the May 2k edition of PC World might answer some of your questions, but if your analog modem is beating the DSL speedwise, and you're sure it's not a hardware/connection problem, I think I'd be requesting that the provider make it right, or finding a new provider.

Good Luck!

Shortcut to DellT@lk users FAQ Web Site. Will open in a new window.

"No One Is Ever Completely Worthless...They Can Always Be Used As A Bad Example."
No Events found!