Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 29th, 2009 15:00

Removing Unwanted Programs

Roxio Creator 9.0 DE will not remove using "Add/Remove Programs".  How do I remove it????

14 Posts

November 29th, 2009 16:00

You need to close the application before you attempt the removal.

10 Elder

• 

43.5K Posts

November 29th, 2009 17:00

Does it have it's own uninstaller?

Try rebooting in Safe Mode and then use Add/Remove to uninstall it.

Ron

4.6K Posts

November 30th, 2009 13:00

Welcome to the forums :emotion-21:

Why will it "not remove using Add/Remove Programs' - i.e. do you get an error message, or is the program folder still there - or whatever?

If you still can't get rid of it, after following the advice offered above, all I can suggest is using a program such as Revo Uninstaller (which is FREEware), to try and 'force' remove it?

An added bonus of it's uninstaller, is that once the program is uninstalled, it'll check for any 'residue' related to the program (see below).

As you'll find out if you decide to install it, it has many other useful features.  But the uninstaller is what you should concentrate on - initially at least.

Alternatively... use another freeware program called CCleaner.

It'll get rid of invalid registry entries (after which you'll be able to delete the program folder etc), and any/all junk files on your system.

Many other forum users will agree... CCleaner is an absolutely invaluable program to have installed on your system... especially so, considering it's FREE :emotion-11:

It's also particularly useful, if (like me) you're in the habit of installing trial programs +/or games demos, which often leave files and registry entries behind, despite the fact they're all meant to have been uninstalled with everything else related to the program/demo!

It's always one of the very first program I reinstall, after any new OS installation :emotion-5:

No Events found!