Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 10th, 2014 14:00

SE179WFP stuck in power save mode.

:emotion-8:

I recently got this monitor from a friend when I try to use it with my PC it will just stay in power save mode. I thought maybe the monitor was broken or something so I tried it using my laptop and it worked fine with my laptop. Is there some setting on my pc I need to change? I am not in power save mode on my PC or my laptop. Please help 

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

March 10th, 2014 17:00

Hi Ogre316,

Power save mode is not the problem but a symptom that your monitor is not getting any signal from the video card. So can you start by telling me the model of your computer and operating system?

3 Posts

March 11th, 2014 09:00

My tower is a custom builds gaming PC. My graphics card is a radeon 4850. He monitor works via the VGA on my motherboard but I have to remove my aftermarket graphics card. When I use the DVI to VGA adapter using the graphics card it has no signal and when using the built VGA on my mother board with the graphics card plugged in the monitor stays in sleep mode. My operating system is windows 7 ultimate

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

March 11th, 2014 16:00

Again, the problem is not the monitor. The problem is that you're not getting any signal to the monitor. I would try another DVI-to-VGA adapter.

3 Posts

March 11th, 2014 18:00

I think if found the issue of why it won't work with my graphics card is because the adapter I ordered is a digital adapter dvi-d to vgaand does not do analog and VGA is an analog signal is what I'm thinking. I just ordered a dvi-I to vga adapter

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

March 12th, 2014 17:00

Ok, let me know if the new adapter works.

No Events found!