Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

September 27th, 2005 13:00

SX280 display driver for Windows Vista

I am trying to run the September CTP of Windows Vista that I got at the PDC on my Optiplex SX280, but the OS doesn't recognize the video card (Intel 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset Family) in the machine. As a result, I get only VGA video at 800x600 and 4 colors. Needless to say, the display is unreadable.

I tried to install the latest driver from Intel, but the setup application told me it didn't recognize the OS and refused to install the driver.

When I searched the Community Forums, I got a tantalizing result:
"Re: SX280 VGA issue - OptiPlex - Monitor - Dell Community Forum
Technical Support
...Packs Software - Windows Vista Beta Software...Home > Business Systems > OptiPlex > Monitor > Re: SX280 VGA issue Reply...Home > Business Systems > OptiPlex > Monitor > Re: SX280 VGA issue Copyright..."

However, I'm told that I don't have permission to access this article. Does this article still exist? How can I get to it?

Does anyone else out there have a suggestion for a resolution?

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

September 27th, 2005 14:00

You either dont have a current beta or you are doing something wrong.  In either case DELL is NOT Microsoft Beta software support.

http://www.iexbeta.com/wiki/index.php/Windows_Vista_Beta_1_Hardware_Compatibility_List#Graphic_Cards.2FGrafikkarten

No Events found!