Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

P

January 17th, 2001 17:00

Screensaver

How do I get rid of a screensaver, or "background image" that I don't want?

287 Posts

January 17th, 2001 17:00

poe2 wrote:
How do I get rid of a screensaver, or "background
image" that I don't want?

Hi,

I'm not sure you want to "get rid of" a Screen Saver or Wallpaper so I'll just show you how to change either. On your Desktop, Right Click in an unused space. From the menu that appears, click on Properties. From the Display Properties Window you can highlight any WallPaper, click Apply and the WallPaper will change. You can also create your own WallPaper but that's a different subject.
Click the ScreenSaver tab in the same window and change your ScreenSaver in the same manner.

If you do want to permanently delete WallPaper or ScreenSaver's (which I don't recommend), post back.HTH

23 Posts

January 18th, 2001 00:00

Most all windows installed screen savers are very easy to remove. Just do a file search for screen savers with a wild card ( example *.scr ) then all you have to do is highlight the one you want and delete. Some downloaded screensavers have there own uninstall program. Check int the remove program box in the control panel. Wall paper is the same do a search for *.bmp and *.jpg

January 18th, 2001 11:00

Hi Steve,
how can I uninstall the screen saver program
completely.
Thanks

JuergenMBahr@hotmail.com

287 Posts

January 18th, 2001 12:00

George M Bahr wrote:
Hi Steve,
how can I uninstall the screen saver program
completely. Thanks
JuergenMBahr@hotmail.com

George,

Uninstallig the ScreenSaver was discussed previousely in this thread. Beyond that I don't know what to tell you. I'm not sure you would want to do a complete uninstall. You can delete some you might not want hanging around or that take up to much disc space. You can place your ScreenSaver preference to "None" and not worry about it.

Maybe someone else could step in here if I'm missing the point. Good Luck,

No Events found!