Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 24th, 2009 10:00

Sound not recording on FRAPS

I haven't been able to record sound from the computer on FRAP and ZD SOFT Game Recorder, I've tried finding another driver for the computer that would let me and nothing would work on this computer. I've set to record sound on both without any success. I'm on an XPS 410

Field    Value
South Bridge Properties   
South Bridge    Intel 82801GB ICH7
Revision / Stepping    E1 / A1
Package Type    652 Pin mBGA
Package Size    3.1 cm x 3.1 cm
Core Voltage    1.5 V

High Definition Audio   
Audio Controller Type    Intel 82801GB(M) ICH7
Codec Name    SigmaTel STAC9220 A1
Codec ID    83847680h
Codec Revision    00103201h

PCI Express Controller   
PCI-E x4 port #1    Empty
PCI-E x1 port #5    Empty
PCI-E x1 port #6    In Use @ x1  (Intel(R) PRO/1000 PL Network Connection [NoDB])

Chipset Manufacturer   
Company Name    Intel Corporation
Product Information    http://www.intel.com/products/browse/chipsets.htm
Driver Download    http://support.intel.com/support/chipsets/index.htm

Nothing i've tried has worked so far.

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

May 24th, 2009 14:00

The SigmaTel Integrated Audio does NOT have the "system mixer" and thus you can't record streaming audio from the internet, if that is what you are trying to do.

All the info you listed is not needed, as it won't help.  The Dell motherboards, although many use Intel chipsets are custom OEM boards made to Dell spec's, they are not a stock "Retail" motherboard.

Most that must have the streaming audio recording capability install a PCI sound card that does have that capability.  Soundblaster calls the system mixer function "what you hear".

May 24th, 2009 17:00

So does this mean that trying to get audio to record is useless and I have to get a new card to do it?

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

May 25th, 2009 04:00

If you want to record streaming audio from the Internet, yes.  (And this is not just a "Dell thing", other vendors and even many Retail motherboards with integrated audio have the same problem.  I have an Acer Laptop with Vista and it does not have the System Mixer).

No Events found!