Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 14th, 2012 05:00

Turn off monitor on all in one computer

Is there any way to turn off just the monitor on an all in one computer? I have an Inspiron One 2320 and I'd like to turn off the monitor and keep the computer running. I have overnight backups that are dependent on the computer being running. I can put the computer into sleep or hibernate mode but then I can't back it up. I know there is a wakeup on LAN function but it appears this only works on an ethernet connection, not wireless. My computer is wirelessly connected to the network.

14.4K Posts

July 14th, 2012 07:00

open your windows control panel go to the power options. once in the power options click on the change change plan settings. there you can set the time for the monitor to turn off after no use.

6 Posts

July 14th, 2012 07:00

Thanks Davet50. I was aware of the setting that lets you set a time out interval for the monitor to turn off. That doesn't solve the problem, though. The computer is actually in my daughter's bedroom and she needs the monitor to go off immediately when she retires for the night. I guess I could set a very short time out interval but I'm not entirely happy with that solution because during the day we like it to stay on longer as it used to run a useful screen saver. I was hoping there was some way to turn the monitor off on demand, just as you could with traditional systems that have separate computer and monitor.

1 Message

August 19th, 2015 09:00

I want the monitor to go off and wanna connect my all in one PC to another screen. I couldn't find any way to do that. Please let me know if you find any solution.

No Events found!