Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

C

February 21st, 2006 20:00

Virtual Device Driver format in the registry is invalid

I am getting a frequent error and this is the info from the System Event Viewer:

Event Type: Information
Event Source: Application Popup
Event Category: None
Event ID: 26
Date:  2/21/2006
Time:  12:51:49 PM
User:  N/A
Computer: OfficeDesktop
Description:
Application popup: 16 bit Windows Subsystem : SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\VirtualDeviceDrivers. VDD. Virtual Device Driver format in the registry is invalid. Choose 'Close' to terminate the application.
It is affecting my ability to load new programs, get to a command.com, and load some existing programs.  I believe what started it is when I loaded software for my APPLE iPod.  I have not yet randomly tried uninstalling it.  I prefer someone giving me a more educated opinion before I try anything, not wanting to make my situation worse.  It has grown worse - where in the beginning, I could choose ignore and run some programs, not it is consistent, that my only real option is to close the application.  I tried reinstalling the program I need most (AutoCAD Lite), but received the same error.

The problem frustrates me in that it doesn't give me enough in the error message (I know, I expect too much).  I tried searching the registry for parts of the error message, but could not find any conclusive evidence there.

Anyway, am hoping someone can point me in the right direction and thank you very much for any assistance.

No Responses!
No Events found!