Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 12th, 2017 07:00

Whitish screen when waking up; have to restart. Dell Inspiron.

Problem started within last couple weeks. After computer goes to sleep, when you try and wake it you get a mostly white screen but with many vertical lines of green, yellow, and magenta. You can move the mouse (cursor is now a slightly lighter square) but can't wake computer no matter what I try. have to do a hard restart; sometimes starts normally, other times Windows does a self-repair. Any ideas? 

Larry

1 Message

December 6th, 2017 04:00

Thank you for the easy to follow instruction.  I am having this problem with my Dell D19M.  However, the roll back choice is grayed out and not accessible.  Any suggestions

3 Posts

December 6th, 2017 09:00

I am having this same exact issue. That screenshot is exactly what I see whenever my laptop wakes up out of sleep mode.

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

December 6th, 2017 11:00

Go to Intel's download site and let it scan your hardware for an updated Intel HD Graphics driver. Install that and see if it fixes the problem, after you reboot.

downloadcenter.intel.com/

December 10th, 2017 11:00

I am not able to rollback I did rollback older version once before couple monthg ago when issue happened, but after another Windows update it is broken again, and it won't let me rollback video driver. I do have the 8/13/17 driver also.

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

December 10th, 2017 12:00

lcaradon - Did you go to Intel's download site (Link in my previous post.)  and let it scan your system and offer a new HD Graphics driver?

After you updated to Win 10 Fall Creators, the previously installed drivers are not visible to Windows, so you can't roll back again.

3 Posts

December 16th, 2017 13:00

None of these worked for me. I can’t roll back the driver. Like many here, it’s shaded out and I can’t select it.

So I kept scrolling through the thread and found the suggestion to go to Intels site, I scanned and updated there but still have the same problem.  

I’m running an Inspiron 5559 with a 6th gen i3. Any other advice?

3 Posts

December 16th, 2017 13:00

Also, interestingly enough, I bought this computer on 12/23/2016 and and my Dell Warranty expired on 12/7 despite purchasing on 12/23. Additionallly, I lived with this problem since the update on 11/2 by just powering up and down (not letting the computer sleep) because I was vamping for finals. Now I’m on break, just had my last class and have finals next week so I started really trying to fix this.

But customer support keeps bouncing me back to “out of warranty support” because of my service tag number and their 12/7 warranty date.  This is fantastic. Just what I need to distract me from the stress of studying for finals is the stress of trying to deal with the computer on which  my academic life hinges.

December 19th, 2017 10:00

Hi

I have tried the driver rollback suggestion, however my rollback option is greyed out, meaning i don't have a previous driver to rollback onto. What do I do about this?

December 19th, 2017 10:00

same problem here! How do we fix this?

December 25th, 2017 10:00

Yesterday I went to the Dell drivers test page, ran the online check, and as a result updated the bios to the newest version. Other than that haven't done anything else other than get the normal pushed updates from Windows and Dell. This seems to have solved the problem.

3 Posts

January 2nd, 2018 17:00

I have Inspiron 7359 2-in-1  with HD Graphics 520. Is mine compatible?

3 Posts

January 2nd, 2018 17:00

I have HD Graphics 520 and it does not give me Roll Back Driver option. What can I do?

3 Posts

January 2nd, 2018 20:00

Roll Back Driver is disable for me. I am using Dell Inspiron 13-7359 with HD Graphics 520.

No Events found!