Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 5th, 2009 19:00

Why did Dell Cancel my Order?

Last month, November 18th, I ordered a Dell Zino HD. The initial delivery date was December 2nd. Later the date got pushed back to Dec. 10th. Then, just the other day I look at my order status and it says it's been canceled! What!? Dell never contacted me regarding this. Now there is a new order of the same Zino HD on my account and a new delivery date of Dec. 23rd. Why? I've tried to contact Dell and couple times. Dell has yet to contact me in return to fix the problem, or at the very least explain what's going on.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Thanks Bev,

However, I've been trying to contact Dell and they haven't responded. I've noticed that sometimes Dell employees read these and respond so I thought I'd give it a try. You know the whole "squeaky wheel" and all.

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

alphadeltago

You need to contact Dell directly about this, the forum is primarily user to user, not user to Dell

For contact information, go HERE

Bev.

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

alphadeltago

I can really understand your frustration, being left in the 'Dark' about this, have you tried calling Dell?

Bev.

Not yet. I'm going to tomorrow though.

12 Posts

December 5th, 2009 20:00

Dell is slipping bigtime lately on taking customers money, affecting their credit by luring them into opening a preferred card, then making sure your order is demolished and all prmises and contractual obligations are ignored.  Cruise the new posts to the threads, people have been waiting still for laptops they bought in Sept.   It's frustrating because when you call tomorrow, Dell will Assure you the product is on its way, there was just a minor change to the order or somethin internal that caused a new order to be created and shipping delays caused the new later date.  About 2 days before your order is supp. to arrive they will postpone it yet again.  Cancel your order after 20 days of waiting from order date and there will be no penalty and you will be helping everyone already on board with the boycott.

4.6K Posts

December 6th, 2009 08:00

Cancel your order after 20 days of waiting from order date and there will be no penalty

Whilst what you've said is true - as per the official 21 day return policy... if you were unable to cancel the order prior to it shipping (which the vast majority appear to have trouble doing), you may be asked to provide proof that Dell were/are at fault - i.e. by providing proof of your cancellation request +/or any/all communication with/from Dell, prior to the shipping date?

If contact was via telephone calls only, that proof could be very hard to come by?

So although I agree with your advice in principal, the reality may be very different :emotion-40:

12 Posts

December 6th, 2009 09:00

Ok so in reality you can email the cancellation on the 21st day of your eternal waiting period and Dell is totally awesome.  No problems here so they have a leg to stand on with dissatisfied customers.  Email your cancellation on day 21 and u wont have any problems just like i did and then go buy an HP avail anywhere w the same guts but without the hassle and extra hundreds of $ because it says Dell on it

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

December 6th, 2009 09:00

Just realize that if you ever need support, HP is worse than Dell. 

December 7th, 2009 07:00

So, after multiple tries at contacting Dell, with no response, here's what I did.

I went to Dell looking at a new laptop, whatever, then, when the little "Chat with us" button popped up I clicked on it. I was then able to chat with someone directly from Dell and explained my situation. After a few minutes of back and forth he said he would look into it and try to expedite the order.

I know it's not really a win, but at least it's a step in the right direction. I now have a complete transcript of our conversation. Something I wouldn't have from a phone call.

Maybe if Dell just communicated with their customers we wouldn't be here in the first place.

1 Message

December 13th, 2009 12:00

Ok so this is my story. I ordered  two computers within a four day span. One was a Studio laptop which i received within one week (hooray), and the other is the Zino. It was ordered on November 16th. My original ship date was December 2nd (not bad). Then it was changed to December 8th, then the 15th, then the 18th! I recived an email from Dell asking me if I still wanted my computer!!!! It said that if I did not respond my order would be cancelled. I of course responded, with aggrevation "If I didn't want my computer, I wouldn't have ordered it!

Anyways, it now has ship dat of the 22nd, although I am doubtful to receive it then. This is so ridiculous. The guy I spoke to told me that it was the most popular computer right now Yea, well don't offer something you cannot keep up with. Didnt they realize that when you come out with something brand new such as an 8x8 desktop that they would get a lot of orders!!!

I made it a point to say that there should be some compensation for waiting over a month for it.....of course he almost laughed at me for that!

Stephanie

3 Posts

December 16th, 2009 15:00

Seems like standard operationg practice for Dell... I ordered a basic Zino with changes to the processor (2850e) and added the n wireless card. Order date was 11.18.09. No notice stating the order was changed/cancelled until I logged on (initial date of delivery 12.10.09) to see changed from Piano Black Lid to Black Lid. New shipping date was 12.18.09.

A couple of people I know ordered Zino's after I showed them this "VERY COOL" Product and low and behold... they have theirs or will have them since they received a shipping notification with tracking number! Their order dates were between 12.04.09 and 12.06.09!

I called Dell (again) to see what was the issue... got the same ol "we don't care attitude" all the way up to the supervisor (after being transferred 4 times!) I did find out that my shipping date was changed again... this time to 12.28.09! So, lets see... I place the order mid Nov... and don't expect to see it for 41 days? I even opened a Dell Preffered Account and planned on purchasing other items (after the Zino was paid for)

I was so fed up and irritated, I asked to cancel the order... you would think they would say "hey...hold on" or something... Supervisor lady just said ok... here's your cancellation number and didn't even ask why when I asked her if she would transfer me over to financial services to close that account.

To me, it seemed Dell didn't really care if they had a customer at all... I did write a snail mail letter to corporate headquarters, but I don't expect to hear anything from them. If the CS reps, CS supervisor, Care reps and even the Finance Rep didn't care...why would anyone at corporate?

I will not order/service another Dell system. I will not recommend Dell products to anyone ever again!

November 15th, 2017 00:00

purchase online with credit card

bank paid to dell

dell malaysia does not want to do business with me,

so they cancelled my order,

and refund my money,

dell spin me!

dell ***,

advice you guy,

be careful when buying dell,

better buy Lenovo, MSI or HP

November 15th, 2017 00:00