Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 26th, 2004 12:00

Windows Explorer locks up after installing certain MS updates

After installing certain MS updates, my Windows Explorer locks up when I use the right mouse button. I have to Ctrl-Alt-Del to to end the task and then  I have to un-install the windows update to get everything working. Has anyone else had this problem or does anyone no the resolution to it?

Thanks....

kenuser

2.2K Posts

February 26th, 2004 14:00

Which Windows update, when installed, causes this problem? If there is no specific name for the update (for instance, it is simply a Critical Update with a six-digit number identifier), what is the identifier? If others on the forum report this problem, I will collect that data and send it to the appropriate department(s).

3 Posts

February 26th, 2004 16:00

I try and keep my system current with all the MS updates, but everytime I try and install updates KB826939 and KB821557, my right mouse button will lock up Windows Explorer, after un-installing them it works fine agian. I hope this helps resolve the issue.....

Thanks again

2.2K Posts

February 26th, 2004 18:00

It appears that Critical Update KB821557 was release prior to the Update Rollup KB826939, indicating that the latter should include the former. If you just install Update KB826939, does your system behave out of the ordinary?

3 Posts

February 26th, 2004 18:00

Yes, I installed 939 without 557 and visa versa as well a both together, if either one or both are loaded the system locks..........
No Events found!