Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

B

December 27th, 2006 23:00

Windows XP Drivers - DELL Multimedia USB Keyboard SK-8135 (LiteOn)

Hi All,

I have Windows XP SP2 installed and the none of the specials keys work (Calculator, My Computer, Music etc).

Does the keyboard require vendor specific drivers for the special keys to work? (It comes up in Device Manager as HID Keyboard Device).

I have checked HID Input Service and RPC services are running. Have spent hours looking everywhere for the drivers but am unable to locate them (Dell Forum, Google, LiteOn site.. everywhere!!).

Saw this.. 

but the keyboard came as an additional option with my Dell LCD monitor so there is no wasnt a Resource CD with my unit. How do I get these drivers if they exist?

12.7K Posts

December 29th, 2006 03:00

What model PC is it?

3 Posts

December 30th, 2006 06:00

Its a Compaq D500.

The keyboard and mouse came with a monitor that I bought as an option, but only with a driver CD for the monitor.

12.7K Posts

December 30th, 2006 10:00

This is a Dell forum, you may get little help here

1 Message

January 4th, 2007 20:00

I'm in the same boat but I have a Dell Latitude D610. Can I get help here?

12.7K Posts

January 4th, 2007 20:00

D610, Go here

Under "System and config Utilities", get the "Dell Notebook System Software", install and run it first.

"NSS automatically detects your computer and operating system and installs the updates appropriate for your configuration."

After that is completed, go to "Applications"  and get "Dell Quickset"  if NSS software did not install it. This installs all the hotkeys and more.

"QuickSet provides the following features: Note: All features will not be available on all Operating Systems. POWER: Power management schemes, Battery resource information and health, Warning messages unsupported power-adapter/dock/battery scenarios are detected. DISPLAY: Display brightness, Desktop font & Internet Explorer Scaling, Display switching via Fn+F8 and presentation mode. NETWORK/CONNECTIVITY: Radio/Wireless activity control using the wireless switch (OR) the Fn+F2 hotkey depending on your system, Location Profiler (Creation and switching of profiles comprising location dependent system settings; Managing multiple connections), Internal network card activity (depending on your system), Wi-Fi Catcher(TM) Network Locator Configuration OTHER/SYSTEM SETTINGS: Volume status, Hotkey hibernate, MediaDirect (on certain systems) XPS SYSTEMS only: LED color control and Touchpad LED control (depending on your system), Advanced power schemes"

3 Posts

January 5th, 2007 05:00

hi mombodog,

So there is no way I can get my DELL (Liteon) SK-8135 Keyboard (which came with my DELL monitor).. working on my PC (cause its a Compaq)??

I guess I still dont have an answer to my original question/s:

1) Does the keyboard require its own drivers to work?
2) If it requires specific drivers, are these available anywhere?

Unless your stating that it does require specific drivers and that these are only available if you have a DELL system.

12.7K Posts

January 5th, 2007 14:00

If your keyboard has hotkey functions, you will need some sort of driver or software to make them work, We keep getting these types of requests from people who order Dell peripherials like these, and get not drivers or CD's. I do not know what is up with Dell on these issues.

Try this driver

No Events found!