Highlighted
josestude
Bronze

XPS 410 - Bluetooth Questions

I ordered a blue tooth keyboard/mouse with my xps 410 a year or so ago.  The mouse seems to have quit working with the bluetooth usb adapter.  The question I have - I cannot find "bluetooth devices' on my control panel as the help instructions say I should.  In fact I cannot find any blue tooth anything on my computer with respect to software or drivers.  Is this little usb dongle really a blue tooth adapter??  If so, is there some software I should have on my PC ??
0 Kudos
11 Replies
odenwalder
Platinum

Re: XPS 410 - Bluetooth Questions

Under Administrative Tools --> Services, you should see a service called Bluetooth Support Service. Check to see if is running and if it is set to automatically start. If not right , then properties and make the changes and start the service. This may correct your problem. 

[URL=http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?u=MichaelO][IMG]http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/sigs/sigimage.php?u=MichaelO[/IMG][/URL]

0 Kudos
Toronto699
Platinum

yes u should have some bluetooth soft ware and a bluetooth icon , what model and make is the keyboard? there should be a rest button under  the mouse , keyboard and the usb bluetooth usb dongle adaptor

0 Kudos
josestude
Bronze

I do not have any service called Bluetooth Support Service (no Bluetooth services at all) .... any ideas ??
0 Kudos
Toronto699
Platinum

we need the make and model # of the keyboard and mouse is it a dell Bluetooth combo
0 Kudos
Toronto699
Platinum

There are bluetooth drivers at the XPS 410 driver page for
1. Dell , l Application , Bluetooth Wireless Keyboard and Mouse Bundle file # R149559.EXE release date 10/29/07

Message Edited by Toronto699 on 12-28-2007 10:28 PM
0 Kudos
josestude
Bronze

yes it was a Dell bundle - keyboard and mouse -

the bluetooth dongle is D P/N NH366,
keyboard is D P/N DH953
mouse is D P/N DH956 (i think - print is real small ...)
0 Kudos
Toronto699
Platinum

the drivers for the Dell bluetooth bundle are at the XPS 410 drivers and download page u can find the link on the left of this page where it says "Dell Support Tools"
0 Kudos
josestude
Bronze

So any major differences between using the XP standard bluetooth vs. the Setpoint software ??

0 Kudos
Davet50
Diamond

the setpoint software might give more options to set up the mouse and or keyboard..the xp versions wil just offer the basic settings..

Home Built Sandy Bridge P8P67 i7 2600k @ 4.5 GHz 8gigs GSkill Ripjaws. Corsair 800D Case and AX1200 Ps X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty pro PCIe Sound Card
Dell Studio XPS 1645  Window 10 Pro

Forum member since 2003

0 Kudos