Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 15th, 2009 13:00

XPS410 Dead after trying to install Intel Active Monitor

I was trying to install the Intel active monitor to see my core temp, fan speeds, etc...

after running the EXE, the whole computer immediatly shut down, and then tried to reboot.  ...but the light on the power button would only turn solid orange (not green), and the fans sounded like a jet engine.  ...monitors had no feed either.

After 30 seconds i pressed the orange glowing power button and held it to shut it down becuase i wasn't sure if the CPU was about to fry or something. 

Tried rebooting a couple times and it's the exact same thing.

Please Help!

26 Posts

February 15th, 2009 13:00

Ok...i unplugged my PC.  Pressed and held the power button for 30 seconds.  Plugged the PC back-in and then hit the power button.

everything boots up ok now.  Not sure what happend and/or how what i did fixed it.

...but at least i'm back up and running agin.  I guess i'll be staying away from the Intel apps from now on though.

26 Posts

February 16th, 2009 09:00

just to update, my computer randomly rebooted itself and stuck on a BIOS confirmation screen saying it could not longer find my primary hard-drive.

I Cold booted again and it seemed to come up OK.

not sure what's going on now

935 Posts

February 16th, 2009 09:00

I would uninstall the software you installed that started your issues and reboot. Hopefully this will help you .

If you want to monitor your processor temps, use Core Temp. Google it to download the utility.

26 Posts

February 17th, 2009 21:00

Problem is, there's nothing to uninstall.  ...it never got far enough to install when i first clicked on the EXE which immediatly shut my system down and started the whole thing.

No Events found!