Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 2nd, 2009 11:00

Y-UK-DEL1 multimedia keyboard Vista Driver

Hey -

I need a driver for the Y-UK-DEL1 multimedia keyboard. I am running Vista Ultimate 32, and was able to get the media keys (and mute) button to work, but nothing i have tried has enabled the volume knob to work. Please help! Thanks

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

April 3rd, 2009 13:00

dthenhaus,

It should work without drivers. On mine in XP, if I double-click the speaker icon, the knob changes my volume. Does yours work in Windows MEdia Player?

2 Posts

April 4th, 2009 15:00

Chris,

I have the same keyboard with the same problem on vista home premium.  Please help

May 12th, 2009 22:00

Sorry to necro a thread, but I have a similar problem. 

I was running home premium x64 and the keyboard worked fine, media keys, volume knob and all.  I recently upgraded to Ultimate x64 and all the media controls have stopped working.  They don't work in WMP or anywhere in windows, the letter keys all work fine. 

Is there a known solution for this?

2 Posts

May 12th, 2009 23:00

I fixed this by enanling the human interface service

go to start>run> type services.msc

Dell Tech support wanted to fix the problem by replacing the motherboard and hard drive

May 12th, 2009 23:00

Thanks Gary that worked perfectly, media and hotkeys are now functional.  I don't know why I didn't look there to begin with.

Cheers and thanks again

2 Posts

July 6th, 2009 13:00

My new keyboard works for a few hours, then I had to switch it to another USB port for the volume & other aduio buttons to work.  I've run out of sparre USB ports, and now the volume just won't work.

I read your post, and thought it could help, but I don't know where to go after "services.mcs".  Do you have further direction to help me?

July 6th, 2009 14:00

Once you've opened up services, look at the column all the way to the left (Name).  Scroll down until you find Human Interface Device Manager.  Right click  > properties, then change startup type to automatic.  Reboot and you're good to go.

2 Posts

July 8th, 2009 08:00

To: Mike_from_Jersey -- YOU ROCK!!  The tech I had working on this with me (here at work) and I gave you a standing ovation!  The tech sends his regards.  Thank you for the insight and instructions.  I'm good to go.

1 Message

January 31st, 2014 12:00

I went to the first link and found the article below.

On the 2nd link I found the driver they talked about.  I downloaded it and found that it worked with my Dell Multimedia Keyboard (Y-UK-DEL1).

http://www.softwaredriverdownload.com/dell_th836_keyboard_driver.html

http://www.techspot.com/drivers/driver/file/download/14716/

Dell TH836 multimedia 104-key USB keyboard is an OEM version of Logitech keyboard. Many tried to look for TH836 keyboard driver from Dell website but could not find it.

The Dell Multimedia DJ425 TH836 is an older keyboard that used to ship with many Dell desktop systems. This particular keyboard model is designated as a multimedia device as it comes with audio and playback controls built directly into the keyboard. This allows you to adjust and alter the video playback of any media file being played on the computer system.

Since this is actually a Logitech product, we can try Logitech own SetPoint driver/software for its keyboards and mouse products. Many have complaint their Dell TH836 is not working properly in Windows Vista because of driver issues. You should try to use this version 6.20.64 as it is said to be working in Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP.

This current SetPoint driver software includes the control panels for standard mice and keyboards (previously supported in SetPoint 4.x) and gaming mice (previously supported in SetPoint 5.x). This reduces duplication of system components, resulting in a smaller overall installation size.

Alternatively, you can try the Free Driver Scanner.

No Events found!