Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 22nd, 2012 15:00

audio driver update

I have a Dell Optiplex GX260.  I had to reinstall Windows XP and now I have no sound. 

My readout tells me that my sound cards is Soundmax Integrated Digital Audio.  But

when I look for it on the Dell website, it shows me 3 pages of drivers all saying

the same things, the only difference is the version number.  I don't know which

one to download for this CPU.  HELP!

5 Posts

January 24th, 2012 09:00

Purchase named XP " universal drivers" and their COVER.  INSERT now from my computer properties, Device Manager, select the driver, this is not working, and immediately open its properties, click Windows will reinstall the driver automatically in the CD - ROM, CD ROM driver from the CD test driver INSTALL.WHEN restart the computer after installation..  Hope your problem will be solved.

6.4K Posts

The most recent version of the ADI audio driver for the Optiplex GX260 that was made available by Dell is this one released in March of 2003:  Optiplex GX260 ADI 198x SoundMax.  This is not to say that other files will not work, but they may not be made for the chipset used in the Optiplex GX260.

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

This happens if you do not install the software and drivers in the correct order. The Desktop System Software (if listed in your Downloads under System Utilities) and the chipset drivers must be installed first before all other drivers. Directions: support.dell.com/.../document

1 Message

January 25th, 2012 05:00

Hi,

I have a Dell OptiPlex 170L, Windows XP, and I need a driver for Multimedia Audio Controller. I don't have a Windows XP sytems disc. My request is if anyone can kindly show me where I can acquire an audio driver. (I succeeded to do likewise for the video/graphics driver.)

Thanks for your tips,

Alexanderp.

No Events found!