Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

L

November 29th, 2005 18:00

bypass bios password on the 9100

I know there are some backdoor passwords to bypass a bios password but im not sure what they are. i really need to know for a different computer that im working on but i only have time to mess with it on my home computer. is there a list of backdoor passwords i can get somewhere and how do i tell what kind of BIOS it is (Award, AMI, etc.)?

106 Posts

November 29th, 2005 19:00

Whoops. Yeah, that was totally the wrong system. Not sure where I got 4700 from. (:

At any rate, see if the same jumper exists on the 9100.

106 Posts

November 29th, 2005 19:00

If you can open the case, do this:

<ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

2 Posts

November 30th, 2005 02:00

No, their different but i got the idea. i found it in the user guide on my computer. thanx. are there any easy ways to find that jumper on different computers without looking at a diagram or anything?

9.4K Posts

November 30th, 2005 12:00

LTIGuy,  Click here for the password jumper location on the Dimension 9100 model.

"...are there any easy ways to find that jumper on different computers without looking at a diagram or anything?"

The jumpers should be labeled right on the motherboard as to their purpose.  The labeling might be in abbreviated terms and maybe hard to see with the board mounted in the system.  The aid of a small flashlight will definitely help.    
No Events found!