Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 6th, 2012 09:00

dell optiplex 755 bluescreen error

Hi, just wondering if anyone has experienced this problem and if anyone has had any luck resolving it? I turned on my dell optiplex 755 yesterday morning and it starts loading as usual with the dell logo and then the windows xp logo. Then this blue screen appears with the following message:

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent further damage to your computer. 

Check for viruses on your computer. Remove any newly installed hard drives/ hard drive controllers. Check hard drive to make sure it is prepared configuration and terminated. Run CHKDSK/F to check for hard drive corruption and then restart.

Tech info: ***STOP: 0x00000007B (0xF7A5A524, 0xC0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000).

I have no idea what to do as I don't know how/why this has happend and I have a basic understanding as to how the computer works!

Thanks,
vineeth sp 

January 6th, 2012 09:00

is any one here to help me

7 Technologist

• 

16.3K Posts

January 12th, 2012 09:00

You also might try switching SATA operation/mode in the BIOS Setup (F2) to ATA or AHCI ... just in case the BIOS settings got cleared.  Just remember which one it was set to when you first got there.

7 Technologist

• 

16.3K Posts

January 12th, 2012 09:00

It is possible the storage driver was corrupted or that you have a virus.

Start tapping F8 about once per second or more once you see the F2/F12 prompt in the upper-right corner.  Can you get in using Last Known Good (first) or Safe Mode?

For starters, boot to your XP CD, and hit R for Recovery Console (instead of Enter to Setup/Install Windows), then run the following:

chkdsk /r

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

January 12th, 2012 10:00

If XP does not have the AHCI drivers it will have this error.

For Basic install you must set the CMOS BIOS RAID Autodetect/ATA for XP.

STOP: 0x0000007B (0xF741B84C,0xC0000034,0x00000000,0x00000000)

INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE

System Setup

SATA Operation

(RAID Autodetect/AHCI default for mini-tower and desktop)

(AHCI default for small form factor and ultra small form factor)

Options for Mini Tower and Desktop:

• RAID Autodetect/AHCI (RAID if signed drives, otherwise AHCI)
  • RAID Autodetect/ATA (RAID if signed drives, otherwise ATA)
  • RAID On (SATA is configured for RAID on every boot)

NOTE: When in Autodetect mode, the computer configures the drive as RAID if a RAID signature is detected on the drive. Otherwise the drive will be configured as AHCI or ATA.

Options for Small Form Factor and Ultra Small Form Factor:

• AHCI
  • ATA

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/op755/

Dell™ OptiPlex™ 755 User's Guide

Mini Tower Computer

Desktop Computer

Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

Small Form Factor Computer 

<ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

Ultra Small Form Factor Computer <ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

No Events found!