Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

January 22nd, 2006 09:00

dimension 2400 sound card

I just reinstalled my windows xp pro. But now I dont see my sound card in my device manager. I have a dimension 2400 and the sound card is the one that came with the computer. I did not add any extra hardware. Any suggestions on how to solve this problem?

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

January 22nd, 2006 10:00

Did you see any unknown devices? I would just use your Dell resource disc to install the driver and see what happens.

12.1K Posts

January 22nd, 2006 12:00

Or try this link if you misplaced the Dell resource cd, and download, and install the Audio driver from your Dim 2400 download site.  Did you install the ChipSet driver after the reinstall of windows ?  That can be found in the below link as well

11.9K Posts

January 22nd, 2006 23:00

@stevestevesteve wrote:
Well, I installed the Chipset driver and then all 3 audio drivers on the drivers website because I don't know which one I have, but got the messages.

Audio driver files do not support your computer hardware
Setup did not detect the required components
Setup oculd  not detect any Sound Blaster Audio card on your system

Any other suggestions?
And where can I go to see how to put in the sound card. I want to check if it is connected right.

Unless you paid extra for a sound card, it is INTEGRATED in your 2400.

January 22nd, 2006 23:00

Well, I installed the Chipset driver and then all 3 audio drivers on the drivers website because I don't know which one I have, but got the messages.

Audio driver files do not support your computer hardware
Setup did not detect the required components
Setup oculd  not detect any Sound Blaster Audio card on your system

Any other suggestions?
And where can I go to see how to put in the sound card. I want to check if it is connected right.

18 Posts

January 26th, 2006 22:00

Go to the Dell drivers page for your Dim 2400 and download the drivers for "SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio", then run the program.

SB

1.6K Posts

January 26th, 2006 23:00

drivers.... you need to install all the drivers after installation....
No Events found!