Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 28th, 2007 03:00

e521 won't turn on

My e521 arrived on 6/14. It worked fine until yesterday (6/26) when it turned itself off. It won't turn back on. I tried different outlets and get nothing Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

June 28th, 2007 04:00

shaneberto

Then you should contact Dell ASAP, because unless Dell can repair the system to your complete satisfaction, you have 21 days from the packing slip/invoice date, to request a replacement system, that hopefully will work.

Have the system's Service Tag and Express Service Number handy, when you call.

Bev.

===================================================
Please don't send me questions about your system by DCF Messenger.
Post the issue in the appropriate Board, where they will be answered.

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

shaneberto

As this is a new E521 system, you should contact Dell ASAP about this.

Have you tried, opening the case and check all the data and power cables, by unplugging and reseating them?

Check the reading of the power button LED, green, blinking green, solid amber, blinking amber?

Check the reading of Diagnostic Lights on the front panel?

Diagnostic Codes.

Bev.

3 Posts

Thanks for the reply. I did the stuff inside the case with no luck. No light at all on the front panel. Really frustrated because this is 2 weeks old and just died on me. First Dell for personal use and not looking forward to the tech support game.

154 Posts

June 28th, 2007 09:00

You may be suprised at what Dell will do for your problem. I had a Dell system start shutting down for no reason. This started abot 2 weeks after purchase. After a quick call with Tech support and trying a few suggestions with no change, Dell scheduled a in tech for me. They replaced everything except the hard drive and multi-media drives. The computer worked fine ever since. Infact it is still working fine several years later as my Sister now has this computer. I would not wait, get on the phone and get your problem resolved. Good luck.

Message Edited by billyd1000 on 06-28-2007 05:27 AM

1 Rookie

• 

3.9K Posts

June 28th, 2007 14:00

From what you describe, it has had a power supply failure, one of the more common failures with computers.  Contact tech support  800-624-9896 (USA) or via chat http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/chat/en/hardware_chat to get an on-site service arranged.

1 Message

June 28th, 2007 18:00

I also have a brand new E521 that will turn back on.  Just took it out of the box on June 21!  Was on the telephone with Dell Support last night but had to hang up due to cell phone battery low.  I was told it could be the processor (#3 light blinking green).  They are calling back tonight and I am HOPING to get it resolved.  I will let you know the outcome.

June 29th, 2007 19:00

Is the power supply connector connected securely to the motherboard? Maybe the power switch got unplugged from the motherboard.

1 Rookie

• 

3.9K Posts

June 30th, 2007 03:00

Notmslly they narrow it down to morning or afternoon

3 Posts

June 30th, 2007 03:00

Thanks all. Dell is replacing my power supply and motherboard once I get back from vacation. I haven't set an appointment yet, does anybody know if I'll be able to pick a time or if I have to sit around all day like with ATT or the cable guys?

Message Edited by shaneberto on 06-29-2007 11:56 PM

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

June 30th, 2007 21:00

shaneberto

My experience has been, that their local service techies, will call you first, to set up an appointment.

Bev.

No Events found!