Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 15th, 2010 14:00

how to restore dell inspiron 531 to factory settings

hey guys just wondering how to restore my dell desktop its an inspiron 531, i have the cds it came with and i think you have to use the operating system cd. Im just seeing if anyone knows how to do it step by step

THANKS

14.4K Posts

July 15th, 2010 15:00

if your are using XP go HERE

If you are using Vista go HERE

1 Message

March 20th, 2011 08:00

DAVET50,you have no idea of how much you have helped me.I have been going right out of my mind since I inherited a Dell Inspiron 531 from my sister.It is a total and complete mess.I have tried everything to straighten it out and nothing seemed to work.So,as a last resort,I decided it might be best to just do a factory restore.But I didn't even know where to begin.This is where you came in and I am so grateful.So thank you!

14.4K Posts

March 20th, 2011 09:00

DAVET50,you have no idea of how much you have helped me.I have been going right out of my mind since I inherited a Dell Inspiron 531 from my sister.It is a total and complete mess.I have tried everything to straighten it out and nothing seemed to work.So,as a last resort,I decided it might be best to just do a factory restore.But I didn't even know where to begin.This is where you came in and I am so grateful.So thank you!

You are welcome. Glad it helped you out

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

February 13th, 2012 12:00

lonnieandem

You can find the procedures for restoring the inspiron 531with Vista, to it's factory condition HERE.

The Inspiron 531 can be upgraded to Win 7, but as Win 7 is not supported by Dell in the model, you might have an issue with drivers.

I upgraded my Inspiron 530 to Win 7 from Vista and found most the drivers for it, were already included in Win 7 and the one driver that was missing, I found on Mircosoft's downloads.

Bev.

1 Message

February 13th, 2012 12:00

I have a Dell desktop, windows vista. It is an Inspiron 531. I have so many problems with this computer. I would like to know how to restore my

computer back to factory condition. I need  step by step instructions. I have a factory disc, but I don't see anywhere that the info tells me where

to take it back to factory condition. Can you help me? I would also like to replace windows vista with windows 7. Is this possible?

Emily E. Wheeler

1 Message

October 25th, 2016 01:00

I am also having issues with Inspiron 531 running Vista, trying to rest to factory setting using by pressing F8, and then choosing  Repair Your Computer in the Advance boot options, but the computer just boot normally after that I never get any options for resetting to the factory settings.

No Events found!