Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 10th, 2011 07:00

io-gear Bluetooth 2.1 USB Micro Adapter and Dell XPS435t-9000

Hi,

Does anyone know if this iogear-Bluetooth 2.1 USB Micro Adapter works with Dell XPS435T-9000?  I could not connect to my Microsoft Bluetooth Moible 6000 Keyboard with the usb micro adapter.  I went into service.msc and started the bluetooth and set it to automatic and right clicked my the bluetooth icon and tried to add my keyboard and nothing.  I can find it on my iPhone and my son's macbook pro and but on my Dell. Any help would be appreciated?

Thanks, Jerry

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

iogear-Bluetooth 2.1 USB Micro Adapter GBU421 works with most all computers including Apple.

Try to make sure that Human Interface Devices service is started and set to automatic in services.msc.

Type services.msc in start search box, hit Enter.

In Services window, look for the Human Interface Devices and start the service and set to automatic.

You can download and install Intelli Type Pro 7.0 32-bit for Windows Vista and check if it helps.

Supported Operating Systems: - Windows 7- Windows Vista- Windows XP (32-bit only)Other:Hard Drive:- IntelliPoint for Windows:

www.microsoft.com/.../details.aspx

90 Posts

Hi,

I'll try what you said and post on the forum.  I'm going out of town until Saturday and won't be able to check it out until then. One thing, IntelliType Pro 7.0 32bit....I have 64 bit Windows 7?  Is there a downlaod for Windows 7 64bit?

Thanks, Jerry

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

November 10th, 2011 08:00

Yes                            ITPx64_1033_7.00.260.0.exe

Download Details - Microsoft Download Center - IntelliType Pro 7.0 ...

:emotion-4:

90 Posts

November 10th, 2011 09:00

Thanks!!  It looks like there is a 8.0 Intelli Type Pro.  I'm sure, I have that one on my PC already.  Hopefully Saturday afternoon, I'll check it out and let you know.

Thanks again for your help,

Jerry

90 Posts

November 12th, 2011 13:00

Just got back home and did everything you said and still won't see my keyboard.  Any other suggestions?

Thanks, Jerry

90 Posts

November 13th, 2011 08:00

I also replaced my usb micro-adapter with another GBU-421 and still having the same problems.  Called Dell and they said it should work, called Mincrosoft and they said it should work.  Called IOGear and there calling me back on Monday.  I'm lost where to go from here, anybody have any ideas?

Thanks, Jerry

90 Posts

November 15th, 2011 10:00

Anybody?  I returned IOGear adapter.  Getting a Medialink USB Bluetooth.  Any specific settings that I need to make sure this works?

Thanks, Jerry

90 Posts

November 15th, 2011 13:00

I just installed the medialink Bluetooth Adapter and this is the message I'm getting.

Compatibility issue between a Bluetooth service and Windows

A service associated with a Bluetooth enabled device isn't compatible with this version of Windows. This service might not be required for this device to work properly.

If your Bluetooth enabled device is working properly, you can ignore this error. Other Bluetooth connections, and your devices, will continue to work properly.

If your device is not working properly, or if you believe this service is necessary, contact your device manufacturer.

Which version of Windows am I using?

You are using Windows 7.

What is a service?

A service is a computer program or process that runs in the background and provides support to other programs.

Can someone help me please?

Thanks, Jerry

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

November 17th, 2011 09:00

This isn't really a DELL issue but rather a non dell hardware issue.

I have used the IOGEAR product flawlessly with windows and Apple OSX.

No Events found!