Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 18th, 2008 10:00

none of my usb ports work

all of them say that they are working properly in divice manager.  i have uninstalled and reinstalled. anyone know of anything to help. i have a demision 8400.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

December 18th, 2008 11:00

fencefix,

List all the software and/or hardware changes made to the system BEFORE this issue arose. What USB devices are you testing?

4.6K Posts

December 19th, 2008 14:00

Welcome to the forums :emotion-21:

You've "uninstalled and reinstalled" what, exactly?  The chipset drivers?  The OS itself?

4 Posts

December 20th, 2008 07:00

just the basic bundel pack that came with it from dell imtrying to use my web cam and ipod

4 Posts

December 20th, 2008 07:00

i have reinstalled the os and the chipset

295 Posts

December 21st, 2008 08:00

Are you sure the usb ports are not working on anything or just you ipod and camera.I take it you have the itunes software loaded. Let me know I had the same issue where it did not work. Can you see anything in the device manager?

4 Posts

December 23rd, 2008 14:00

none of the usb devices work they will charge but thats it

295 Posts

December 23rd, 2008 15:00

This sounds very similar to a problem I had. My printer would work but not my Ipod. You could see it in device manager but not I tunes. Is this the same problem you are having? Let me know I am looking up some info.

Trafficflow

5 Posts

January 7th, 2009 11:00

Did you resolve this yet?  I've just had this problem and eventually discovered that if I unplugged some of the devices already using USB ports, then new devices would work!  E.g.  I unplugged my printer and keyboard and then plugged in a digital camera - worked.  Same thing for digital photo frame, etc.  Must be a power supply issue.  That being said....my keyboard has two USB ports in it and when I plugged stuff in there, it also worked!  Who knows!

No Events found!