Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 23rd, 2012 19:00

txtsetupsif corrupt

Hello an thank you for all who helps. I have an old dell dimision 3000 serious and yes i know its old and i just have to see if i can fix it , during the big snow storm here on the westcoast we lost power and now when i start my old dell it will go to to the page where it ask you to either start in safe mode or last configuation or normal startup i hit last and i have tried normal and it keeps going back to the same screen so i decided it must have crashed so i put in the recovery disk and i now get the error that states " ing gile txtsetupsif is corrupt or missing status 4782 . Does anyone have a solution for this problem my tag [ADMIN Note: Service tag number removed, per TOU policy]. I know that this computer is old , i have a new one but just have to try to fix it cuz it drives me crazy when i can't so any help will be grateful . Thank you all

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

January 24th, 2012 03:00

Usually there is a corruption on the hard drive for Windows causing it not to boot.  You need to boot with the Windows XP disc and instead of reinstall, select "Repair".  This is similar to a Windows reinstall but should take care of any corrupted files.  

I don't know what "Recovery" disc you have.  Dell supplies a Windows disc and a Drivers and Utilites disc.  The Drivers and Utilties disc is used after you have Windows installed to install the device drivers, etc.

No Events found!