Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 5th, 2009 14:00

unmountable_boot_volume

Hi

Please can someone help?

My desk top was turned off at the wall before I was shut down via the start button.   Now the computer will not start properly and I get the following message:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

unmountable_boot_volume

If this is the first time you've seen this Stop error screen, restart your computer.  IF this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed.  If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer.  For any windows updates you might need.

If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software.  Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing.  If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select Advance Startup Options, and then select Safe Mode.

Technical information

***STOP: 0x000000ED (0x89E42900, 0xC0000006, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Once this page is displayed I can't do anything and any buttons I press nothing happens.  Please help.

Thanks

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

April 5th, 2009 14:00

urbanmole

It would be helpful to include the computer model and version of windows in the post.

An 'Unmountable_boot_volume' error message often indicates a failing, or a failed hard drive.

See if the solutions HERE and HERE can help.

Bev.

2 Posts

April 6th, 2009 01:00

Hi Bev

Thanks for your quick reply.

The computer is: Dell Dimension 5150 Desktop Pentium D/820 with Dual Core (2.80GHz, 800MHz fsb, 2x1MB cache

Genuine Windows XP Home SP2

Thanks

Andrew

No Events found!