* after pushing start button, button shows shortly yellow, fan starts turning.
* then light of the start button goes off, fan goes off
* after about 2-3 seconds, start button shows blue, fan starts turning at max. speed
* nothing happens after this (no beep for the start of the system, as usual, no signal to the monitor, keyboard does not light on.). Fan would go like this forever.
* i can shut down the system by pushing the start button for some seconds.
what can I do? What part has to be changed? (motherboard?)
thank you in advance! any help would be appreciated!
Solved! Go to Solution.
I followed the steps from here: http://www.fixya.com/support/r6775371-computer_not_turning_dead_no
and could make the computer boot again.
I removed the bios battery, then separately the memory modules, the harddisk and dvd-drive. After reinserting, everything worked fine. It seems that some settings in the bios went wrong, as the removal of the bios battery produces a reset to factory defaults of the bios information.
Now everything is ok.