Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 2nd, 2016 11:00

ECS 3.0 Community Edition Web UI

I have a four node ECS 3.0 cluster that has been working fine for three weeks.  Recently, attempting to log into the Web UI from all four nodes returns the same error message:

Unable to connect to the service. Service(s) are unavailable, try again later.

S3 connectivity has been intermittent for a time during this UI issue, but it seemed to recover and has been continuing to service application needs. And since this login problem occurs against each of the four nodes, I question whether there's a single log to glean more information from.  ECS service log locations / /opt/emc/caspian/fabric/agent/services/object/main/log

Thoughts?

281 Posts

December 7th, 2016 11:00

I talked to Mike on the phone.  The issue what that the auth service was blocked on all 4 nodes.  We restarted it with:

sudo kill `pidof authsvc`

And logins now work to the portal.  We'll work on the cyberduck issue as next.

December 2nd, 2016 14:00

Can you goto http:// :9101/ and click the Show DT Initialization Status link in third column midway down?  What's the result of that status call?

Ben

12 Posts

December 2nd, 2016 14:00

thanks for the response Ben Schumacher 

I entered the public ip:9101 and clicked the link you mentioned.  That link changed to the private interface so I changed the url to the /stats/dt/DTInitStat/. Not sure if this was the expected behavior.

some XML:

December 5th, 2016 13:00

Hi Mike!

What happens when you try accessing one of the API endpoints?  Same error or something different?

Thanks!

12 Posts

December 7th, 2016 07:00

leveraging Cyberduck, my colleague couldn't access S3 buckets late yesterday. However, he can connect this morning.  The Web UI is still throwing the error posted initially.

12 Posts

December 8th, 2016 20:00

now that the Web UI is responsive, and I haven't seen any issues with S3 Browser, I'll close as answered/resolved.  Looking into Local Traffic Manager / Global Traffic Manager to improve on the current configuration in front of ECS Free and Frictionless to supported appliance based deployment.

Thanks Jason Cwik  for jumping on a WebEx yesterday.

Mike

No Events found!