Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 16th, 2017 11:00

ECS 3.0 Disaster Recovery Test

Hi,

My company is planning to do a test for our Disaster Recovery (DR) plan.  As a part of this, the line between our primary site and our DR site will be disconnected so no replication may occur during this 1 week period of time.

My concern is that this will cause an issue with the ECS in the DR location or with the ECS in our primary location as they will not be able to communicate with each other for one week.

Is there a way to stop replication so that it does not cause a massive amount of either call-home tickets or errors/alerts in either ECS?

After the DR test is over, the line will be connected again and we would expect that replication could recur again.

I looked in the admin guide and I was not able to find any instructions for a DR test.  I also did a search of the communities and did not find any posts for a DR test.  I did find posts and documentation on what to do in the event of a real Disaster which basically said to delete/remove the impacted VDC from the replication group, but I am not wanting to remove it, just disable replication until the DR test is complete and the line is restored.

Thank you,

Mike

No Responses!
No Events found!