March 1st, 2016 01:00

Is there any simulator available for EMC ECS

Hi Folks,

Is there any simulator for EMC- ECS?
also i would like to know how to generate alerts for ECS 2.2

March 1st, 2016 06:00

Hi Ugin

https://www.emc.com/products-solutions/trial-software-download/ecs.htm

I was looking into the documentation. Was hoping for an easy ESX deployment, but does not look like that.

Holger

122 Posts

Even i downloaded from this location, however files extension are .md, not sure how to read them

122 Posts

will do thanks Jakob

Hi Ugin

These are files that you can look at in notepad or wordpad. Any text editor will do.

The format would provide some more but that's enough to read the content.

Holger

24 Posts

The README.md file can be viewed with a text editor (WordPad). It will walk you through the setup instructions for the ECS Community Edition.

You could also read the instructions online at https://github.com/EMCECS/ECS-CommunityEdition

Cheers!

281 Posts

March 1st, 2016 07:00

Hi All,

The easiest way to view these files (.md == GitHub Markdown) is on the GitHub site:

GitHub - EMCECS/ECS-CommunityEdition: ECS Free & Frictionless Community Edition Repository

The install is not too difficult.  You can install one or more CentOS minimal VMs and run the install scripts.  If you have any issues we can help.

March 8th, 2016 05:00

Hi all

I tried now the installation of the multi-node and the single node. Single node looked promising, but then fails as some hard-coded root passwords are used in scripts.

Is that really so?

Naturally we don’t install CentOS with root/ChangeMe ☺

The multinode install told me that hostname was not returning anything. When issued in a shell, the command returned what the nodenames were configured to.

In the times of deployable ovf images, stores for both esx and hyperv environments, this is not a working solution for me. Will surely not push ECS at any customer, such an installation will get them all to look for something else.

Somehow the logins in the community spaces with sso login does not work at all.

Best regards, Holger

Von: JasonCwik

Gesendet: Dienstag, 1. März 2016 16:53

An: Holger Jakob

Betreff: Re: - Is there any simulator available for EMC ECS

ECN

Is there any simulator available for EMC ECS

reply from Jason Cwik in ViPR and ECS - View the full discussion

No Events found!