dancaps
6 Indium

Re: nfs export question

No problem. I thought I posted a picture of that as well but I didn't.

exports.JPG.jpg

0 Kudos
dancaps
6 Indium

I just installed a 4 node configuration using the step 1 and step 2 scripts. Then I used the steps I outlined in the earlier post to create the export. Everything mounted just fine but I'm still getting this I/O error. There are completely different vms. Maybe there is a problem with the virtual componets I'm using?

[root@localhost /]# showmount -e 10.44.236.152

Export list for 10.44.236.152:

/ns1/nfs_test *

[root@localhost /]# mount -t nfs -o vers=3,sec=sys,proto=tcp,async 10.44.236.152:/ns1/nfs_test /nfsshare/

[root@localhost /]# cd /nfsshare/

[root@localhost nfsshare]# touch file1

touch: cannot touch ‘file1’: Remote I/O error

[root@localhost nfsshare]# mkdir test_dir

[root@localhost nfsshare]# ls -al

total 1

drwxrwxrwx. 3 10001 10002 96 Apr 21 15:27 .

drwxr-xr-x. 3 10001 10002 96 Apr 21 15:27 test_dir

I have them installed on vmware ESXi6 with vm hardware version 11. Does anyone know of any dependancies with the type of scsi controller or any other part of the virtual hardware?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
ChristianAdams
6 Indium

Please consider reviewing the settings in the screen which I mentioned earlier.  To get write access to the export, I found that I had to set both read and write even though full had been selected.

0 Kudos
ChristianAdams
6 Indium

I apologize for not being more specific.  On the Manage/File/Exports screen, please select the Edit dropdown menu.  You should see an option to change/display the ACL.

0 Kudos
dancaps
6 Indium

I don't see that. I see something like that on the bucket.

What version did you install? Are you installing it from the github repo?

I literally run into different problems on each version of github install.

2.0 - Doesn't even start the web UI. I think the auth services never start.

2.1 - I'm about to try this version

2.2 - I get the IO error

latest - The install script throws a global variable error on the group node install. I'm about to try the single node install.

Am I really the only one that can't get this to work?

0 Kudos
Aaron_Peterson
6 Indium

It's not just you on the ACL; that option doesn't appear on a "real" ECS, either, either in the drop-down or on the Edit page (unless it's masquerading as some other option - "Export Host Options", perhaps?).

Regarding your various installs; 2.0 and 2.1 require you to use separate release branches, so be sure that you're pulling the correct ones. 2.2 should not see the variable error as of an update one week ago.

0 Kudos