Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 27th, 2010 14:00

Adding another layer of exam security - what does it mean to you

What You Should Know

The Proven Program is planning to implement some additional measures to protect the investment you've made in earning your certification.  These particular measures are an extension of our existing practice to request you bring a picture ID and an ID with signature to confirm you are not a proxy test taker.

Pearson VUE developed an anti-cheating system designed to identify and crack down on people who impersonate others to take exams for them. This VUE Secure Testing Framework is in place at all VUE exam centers worldwide.  All candidates provide a digital signature and get their photo taken.  We will now have the ability to match exam results with a specific individuals applying for a certification. 

The EMC Proven Professional Program has no evidence that indicates this Proxy test taking is a problem.  However, as added insurance, we are making the investment.

What You Should Do

Beginning in October, 2010, Pearson VUE will activate this added level of security with all EMC Proven Professional exams.  This, along with other investments in forensics software and exam results analysis will ensure the highest levels of security.

You may also note that as we make new exams available we will add the feature that prints out your photo on the score report you recieve.  This is just another layer of proof that you have reached a meaningful goal.

So remember, for your next exam, bring two forms of ID, one with you photo and one with your signature.  And, oh yes, bring a comb or brush and your best smile!

2 Posts

October 7th, 2010 08:00

Nice job Proven!!!

1 Rookie

• 

20.4K Posts

December 30th, 2010 15:00

i am in the US ..is my driver license sufficient ( in GA it's signed and has my pic) or i have to bring two forms ID ?

408 Posts

December 31st, 2010 06:00

Good morning, all exam candidates are required to provide two forms of identification at the testing center, including one photo identification such as a driver’s license or a valid passport. Both forms must display the candidate’s signature.  Greater detail on what you should bring with you on the date of your test can be found on your confirmation notice.

Please let us know if you have further questions.  Good luck on your exam!

408 Posts

December 31st, 2010 07:00

You're welcome!  Best of luck on your exam!

1 Rookie

• 

20.4K Posts

December 31st, 2010 07:00

Thank you Deborah.

37 Posts

October 6th, 2011 07:00

Provisional Exam Scoring to be Rolled Out by EMC Proven Professional Program

Provisional Exam Scoring is an additional security measure to further protect the investment you have made in formally validating your knowledge, skills, and expertise, as well as the integrity of the EMC Proven Professional certification program.

Beginning in October 2011, candidates will receive a “Provisional Exam Score Report”. Pending grading confirmation, exam results will be available in the candidate’s CertTracker account within three business days.   

This additional security measure will be implemented gradually, addressing all EMC Proven Professional exams by 2013.

29 Posts

October 7th, 2011 13:00

Denis,

Can you expand on the provisional exam scoring and how that will enhance the EMC Proven exams. 

I understand the photos and identification requirements implemented by EMC and Pearson.  I have encountered them and found the check-in process for an exam to still be very easy, smooth and quick. 

I guess I am just not understanding the purpose and goal of the Provisional Scoring.

Thanks

37 Posts

October 10th, 2011 06:00

Thanks for your interest.  Provisional Scoring is a capability that solves a couple of problems.  On rare occasions, there are incidents when the automatic scoring systems malfunction.  Formerly the individual would get a passing score but due to the malfunction we would have to contact the individual and explain that they had not passed.  In other cases, individuals had achieved a passing score using illicit study materials.  Provisional scoring provides an opportunity to analyze exam results and catch these situations before a credential is granted.  For more than 99% of candidates taking an exam,  the only observable change will be the provisional score notation on the report they get at the Pearson VUE exam center.  Does this explain the initiative a bit better?

No Events found!