Recent market analysis indicates MS Hyper-V holds 30.6% market share in the private cloud space, versus VMware at 46%. The Hyper-V market share presents an opportunity for EMC to sell Avamar virtual backup appliances to customers with MS Hyper-V infrastructure.
The authors also focus on another major trend — the increasing adoption of Hybrid cloud — and how Avamar can be used in conjunction with Azure to protect hybrid cloud scenarios.
This article will be helpful for Sales, Pre-Sales, Marketing, and Solution Architects to expand the sales space to Hyper-V. Topics covered include:
• Avamar integration with Hyper-V AVE integration with Data Domain
• Benchmarking AVE configurations on Hyper-V and ESX (for capacity planning)
• Backup/Restore performance numbers for Hyper-V and ESX replication solutions
The article will help the solution architect/customer design the Avamar solution for:
• Disaster recovery in cloud
• Protection of Hybrid cloud
• Protection of MS Azure Apps/Windows Applications and protecting it from user/error