Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 26th, 2011 05:00

BRS TA E20-329 Exam

Hi there

Is anyone else having an issue passing this exam? I have written it three times now and am giving up hope of passing it. I am finding the exam questions to be completely unrelated to the material provided (I am using the VILT stuff with Roderigo Alves) and am getting NO luck with the information contained therein. I am writing this exam AGAIN (number 4) on the 29th of September, and am losing hope and faith in this process. I have completed the ISM and Backup and Recovery Technologies exams but this one has me stumped. I see on the education portal there is another e-Learning course called Backup and Recovery Solutions Design Concepts V5, would this assist greatly in my attempts to pass this exam, or am I wasting my time going through that material as well? Is there any further material I should be using? I have checked on the course description PDF and it only refers to either the ILT or VILT material as reference for studying. I seriously am losing faith in this process, it has proven to be excessively frustrating.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks

408 Posts

September 26th, 2011 07:00

Hello –

It does sound like you are having difficulty with the E20-329 exam.

Did you take the practice exam prior to your first attempt?  Did it identify any areas in which you should focus further studying?

After taking the exams, did your score report reflect any particular areas where you are scoring more than 50% incorrect?  That may help to guide you in the right direction for further studying.

Once you identify the area you need to study please e-mail the help desk at EdServices@emc.com if you need help identifying where that particular area of study is covered in our recommended training materials.  We’d be happy to review your score report with you and identify areas of the course work that may help in preparation for the exam on Thursday.

Kind regards,
Debi

1 Message

September 29th, 2011 08:00

Hello mmalyon,

I feel your pain.  I'm using the same vilt and have not passed on my first two attempts. 

It's been 2 months since my last attempt and I'm still trying to get the courage to take the exam again. I've used or listened to darn near everything I could get my eyes on on EMC's site.

Good luck on your quest!

Matt

86 Posts

September 29th, 2011 11:00

I’m sorry to hear you are having trouble with the exam!  The EMC Backup and Recovery Solutions Design video ILT you are using is the training built to support the TA Backup Recovery Solutions Design (E20-329) exam.  The other e-learning course you referenced, Backup and Recovery Solutions Design, is built to support the TA Solutions Design (E20-322) exam.  While you may find some information in that course is related, the video ILT you are already using is the recommended training.

Additionally, if you have any specific questions regarding course content, feel free to post those in the Student Discussions portion of this community.  Good luck!

Jill

May 17th, 2012 08:00

Dears,

I failed twice , the exam is very complex , nothing related to the material .

The secomn attemp I got a grade 60 % while the pass score is 63 % .

Really nothing related to the material also to the training .

Alot of calculations ,scenarios ...etc .

BR

9 Posts

May 17th, 2012 08:00

Hi,

I passed the E20-329 exam just before the course changed in March. The learning materials (PDFs) that are part of the VILTs are the best source of information. I can hardly remember a question on the exam which was not discussed in the material. I focused mainly on the reading material rathing than watching the whole videos. Wasn't sure if I would pass when I was clicking the end exam button but got enough to clear it on my first attempt.

Word of advice to everyone attempting this exam; It definitely is a tough one but just read the PDFs 2-3 times (yes thats a lot of reading) before attempting the exam.

Thanks,

Jamal

9 Posts

May 18th, 2012 12:00

I hope to attempt the exam at EMC World as there is a discounted rate.

I came from a shop that deployed Avamar and I have quite a bit of DD experience with TSM.

From the materials I have viewed the exam seems to focus on quite a bit of material.

Hoping for the best!

178 Posts

May 21st, 2012 04:00

Good luck, with the exam!

ddProven

June 3rd, 2012 07:00

Hi All ,

I passed in the exam , I totally completed the technology architects requirements

thanks for your support .

408 Posts

June 4th, 2012 04:00

Congratulations Mohammad!!

408 Posts

June 14th, 2012 07:00

Hello VinodPol - there is an exam description document for each of the EMC Proven Professional exams.  This document provides information regarding the exam, recommended curriculum as well as a link to the practice test.

Exam description documents can be found by following the below:

Internal

http://edu.corp.emc.com/gs/certification/

Mouse over Education/Certification

Click on Exams and Training

Locate the exam number

Click on the exam name under the Exam Name & Description column

External

education.emc.com

Mouse over the word Certification

Click on Exams and Training

Locate the exam number

Click on the exam name under the Exam Name & Description column

This post What's the passing score? by Denis Garcia explains how our program scoring works.

Good luck!

5 Posts

June 14th, 2012 07:00

Hey Congratulations Mohammad !

Can you please tell me how can we prepare for this exam ? I have to give this E20-329 exam at the month end and I am studying material from VILTs. Is there any other material we have to refer? Can you please let me know how many questions asked into exam and what is passing percentage?

5 Posts

June 25th, 2012 02:00

Can anyone explain how the answer 6 derived for the below question? I am looking for formula and no where it is explained.

.  A potential EMC Avamar customer with 1200 clients has a requirement to complete all their backups within four hours. Each backup is expected to take an average of 20 minutes.

Also for the question

A customer is using EMC NetWorker Network Edition with two storage nodes to backup 200 servers in their data center. Every 20 servers are gathered in a backup group and each server has a parallelism of 4.

One day, the customer's storage administrator has added another 96 servers and distributes them equally on the existing backup groups. The administrator is concerned that four servers in each group have remained in a “waiting to run” state. This has caused the backup window to increase to a high level.

What is the total number of backup devices that can be created after resolving the issue?

How answer 64 is calculated?

51 Posts

August 5th, 2012 09:00

Hi All,

Can any one suggest which points are to be taken care while preparing for the Exam as it's a bit difficult exam.

I've already cleared e20-591 and need to know about e20-329.

Thanks !!!!!!!!!!

2 Posts

August 15th, 2012 22:00

Hi,

This exam realy not simple like mostly others. It's not enough to have basic knowledge and only listening the course.

To prepare  you need to read student guide 2-3-4 times and during reading write mostly numbers and formulas in workbook. Also you need to pass with 100% practice test from education.emc.com with knowing why each answer is right. And after that and remembering numbers and formulas you will pass. For me it's taked about 2 weeks.

Best Regards,

Konstantin.

51 Posts

October 29th, 2012 09:00

Hi,Can u pls. guide me how to prepare for this exam I've already cleared E20-591 exam.

Is there any site which provides helpful study material for the same.

Thanks !!!!!!!!!!

No Events found!