Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 27th, 2015 10:00

Credit towards Masters Degree gone?

At EMCWorld 2015 I was thrilled to earn my first Expert level certification (EMCCAe). One of the advertised benefits that could be pursued is applying the expert level cert as 50% credit towards earning a Masters degree. All of the documentation on the education site points to one university as the partner for this program (Charles Sturt University in Australia). However, since June or so of this year, the link for the program information on the university's website is now missing (404 error). Searches on the site for anything related to EMC partnership or credit returns no specific or useful information. Has this program stopped or are there other universities that partner with EMC for this? If it's gone, please update the benefits page on education.emc.com.

Thanks,

Michael

408 Posts

October 28th, 2015 15:00

Congratulations on earning your Expert certification, Michael!

Thank you for bringing to our attention that the link on this Proven Benefit is broken. Our team is looking into this and will update this thread as soon as we have more details and/or a new link.

January 4th, 2016 00:00

Hello Debi,

Is it fixed now, I am not able to find it in the education site, can you provide us with details bout this program?

Thanks.

408 Posts

January 4th, 2016 16:00

Hi Michael, at this time, we are unable to provide any further details regarding this benefit and have removed it from our web pages. We apologize for any inconvenience and will surely provide an update should we receive more information at a later date.

1 Message

April 17th, 2017 20:00

Hi All,

Is this still  valid for 2017/2018. Planning to do a Master at CSU ( Australia ).

Please advise ..

408 Posts

April 20th, 2017 08:00

Hi Anthony, this is no longer an active offering. We'd be open to exploring this for the future should the university have an interest in recognizing professional certifications towards course credit.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

July 10th, 2018 13:00

Maybe this link works for you guys!

Upload all your industry certs and maybe you are eligible!

https://www.itmasters.edu.au/am-i-eligible/

I hope this works for you!!

Regards.

1 Message

July 13th, 2018 07:00

HI Debi, thanks for the details. Does that mean that the credits are no longer recognized towards the degree or also that we as a company no longer provide funding/support to people looking to do these degrees. I recall we used to have a university program around this but cant find the details now?

Thanks

408 Posts

July 13th, 2018 13:00

Hi James, believe we might be talking about 2 different, but related, things.

Dell EMC does provide education assistance for employees who are pursuing a higher level of education. I found this information on Inside Dell, but do not have any further details regarding that program or offering.

• To find information about education or tuition assistance programs available to you at your location, please visit Benefits and click on your country, or search for "Employee Assistance" in the search bar above. < >

The other program mentioned above, was a university accepting a student's professional certification towards course credit completion. Those decisions are made by the university and not driven by our team.

Hope this helps and good luck in your pursuit!

No Events found!