Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 28th, 2013 02:00

EMC ID in Pearson VUE

Hi,

I've recently registered for EMC account in Pearson VUE and the EMC ID is indicated as "ID Pending". I've received the EMC ID from CertTracker (https://www.certmetrics.com/emc), but the EMC ID doesn't get updated at my Pearson VUE account.

How do I update this? Can I still take my EMC exam eventhough my Pearson VUE EMC ID is "pending"?

Thanks,

Garry

3 Posts

May 31st, 2013 08:00

Thanks Debi and Proven HelpDesk.

This is the reply I got from them:

You were recently issued an EMC Candidate ID with more than 9 characters (EMCxxxxxxx) however these are not currently supported by the Pearson VUE system. Although this does not affect your exam and credential data in CertTracker you may experience issues when registering to sit for an exam at Pearson VUE. We apologize for the inconvenience and are working with Pearson VUE to have a fix in place by the end of July 2013.

If you are experiencing issues registering for an exam please leave the Candidate ID field blank. NOTE – in order to ensure that your exams credit to your existing CertTracker account you must enter your demographic information exactly as it appears in your existing CertTracker account.

After you sit for the exam if the email you receive from the EMC CertTracker system shows a different CertTracker ID please send both IDs toEMCProvenHelpDesk@emc.com and request that the accounts be merged.

408 Posts

May 28th, 2013 12:00

Hi Garry - welcome to the EMC Proven Professional community!

There are several reasons why you might see "id pending" and the EMC ID is not getting updated in your VUE account.  To ensure we provide the correct explanation; please email us at EMCProvenHelpDesk@emc.com and provide your full name and EMC ID.  We'll look into it and get back to you.

No Events found!