Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

May 26th, 2010 05:00

EMC Storage Certification

Hi

I am Mayur, and New to storage, I have recently completed my ISM(Info. storage Management) Certification and want to start preparing for EMC Storage Admin Certification. I do not have any exp working on EMC Storage. do you all feel that I can start my certification preparation now or i should wait untill i have job in storage.but as per my thinking to start into new domain i have to prove myself in market by taking this certification..

I have to change my domain into EMC storage..

Also i am not aware how Video ILT works? in EMCSA i have one module(symm configuration like installation ,mapping  etc) of VILT and 4 e-learning modules. can i get hands on exp(symm configuration) thru VILT?

Can anyone guide me in this please.

Regards,

Mayur

452 Posts

May 26th, 2010 11:00

First, congratulations on achieving your Associate level EMC Proven Professional certification!  You've joined a great group of people who help and support each other right here, in this community.

I can describe a VILT for you.  The acronym stands for Video Instructor-Led Training.  So a VILT records a class making it very near the experience you might get while in the classroom.  You'll hear the instructor, all the students' questions, and have access to the exact same course material as those who attend class in person.

VILTs are great because you get all the materials, and also have the option to learn at your own pace.  So, for example, if one concept is difficult to understand, you can reply it.  I am not sure about access to any of the hands-on aspects...I have referred that question to one of our curriculum managers.

Watch for his reply!

Hope this helps,

Michelle

10 Posts

May 27th, 2010 00:00

Hi Michelle

yes i truly believe that this forum is great and very very helpful.. with quick responses from experts..

Thanks alot for your information.. this is of great help! ..  and I am much more clear now about VILT.. I reckon i had to get some information before i go for it..because what i am intrested is Hands on Exp.. Thats what we will wait untill we get some information from your curriculum managers..

Also the major factor i am looking for is by obtaining VILT can i get acess to Lab to do Handson on my Own.. issuing each and every command on EMC storage within the curriculum limits..

Thanks & Regards

Mayur

Community Manager

• 

25 Posts

May 27th, 2010 09:00

Hello Mayur,

Regarding your question concerning access to hands on thru VILT, there is currently no hands on access to system when learning via VILT. On the VILT are the lab guides and for ease of use and additional learning, the labs are recording and made part of the materials provided. The assumption is that you won't have access to a system when using the VILT, so we have enclosed recorded versions of each lab in the course and added instructor audio to explain the various steps conducted throughout the lab.

Hope this helps.

10 Posts

May 28th, 2010 02:00

Hi EdBbell

Thanks a lot for your information. This is of great help.

one more thing for symmetrix configuration Management there is Online ILT module available.. can i get hands on experience on symmetrix box through Online ILT..i guess online ILT is (online Instructor Led Tranning ) dates are available for that i suppose..

can you or anyone having information on this guide me ..I am very keen in getting Hands on ..

Thanks

Mayur

Community Manager

• 

25 Posts

May 28th, 2010 06:00

Mayur,

To answer your question, yes you can get access to a Symmetrix system when enrolled in the Online ILT delivery of Symmetrix Configuration Management. The Online ILT courses are delivered via the internet with a live instructor. The product used to deliver the training is called Centra and all labs are completed via access to our lab equipment.

The current schedules can be found on education.emc.com. Simply search for the course "Symmetrix Configuration Managment" and you will be presented with the course availability and be able to access the schedules to enroll.

I hope this information is helpful.

Ed

10 Posts

May 31st, 2010 08:00

Hi

Thanks for your help and information. This information is of great help.. and hope for me to get hands on ...

Thanks

Mayur

No Events found!