Highlighted
JESANT
1 Copper

EMCCA - E20-018 - lost in 1%

Greetings,

I took E20-018 today and lost it in 1% .

I spent lot many days on the Pdfs provided along with the Video ILT.

I couldnt spend time on the Vdieo teaching which is a great mistake I suppose.

Trying angain for the same. The Governance & Compliance Area put me down .

But Determined to take the same as this certification is very very useful for Knowledge & skill Development.

Any forerunners, pls share some advice so that I will achieve it next time,

Thanx - Jesan T

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
18 Replies
deeppat
3 Argentium

Re: EMCCA - E20-018 - lost in 1%

Hi jesan ,

I cleared the VNX E20-390  by going through the PDFs and VILT.  The exam was introduced earlier this month , plus this being a relatively new product , going through the complete VILT  helped  me clear the exam with a good score.

Don't skip any section ( My 2 cent ) - I am sure you will clear your next attempt with a good score.

All the best ! And do let us know once you clear..

0 Kudos
DGraci
3 Argentium

Hello Jesan –

Sorry to hear that you had difficulty with the Cloud Architect exam.  As Deeppat mentioned, going through all the recommended materials will provide the best foundation for taking the exam.

Have you tried the practice test online?  If not, you can find it by clicking here.  This will also give you a good idea if there are any specific areas where you should focus your studying.

Best of luck to you!

Debi

0 Kudos
Jill_M
2 Iron

Hi Jesan,

So sorry to hear that you missed by 1%!  But I'm glad to hear you're determined and will be taking the exam again.

The following link is to a blog I stumbled upon on Twitter that details the author's experience studying for, and taking, the Cloud Architect exam.  http://virtual-portal.com/virtualportal/?p=381

Let us know how the studying goes and please share any study tips you have to help others who are also pursuing the certification.

Good luck!

Jill

0 Kudos
drondeau1
1 Copper

I would also be intersted in any study tips.

Also is there any freely available material for study ? I work for a non-profit organization where funds are already tight, and they have just eliminated our meager training budget completely.We simply cannot afford the VILT material. I have a good virtualization backgound (VCP3 and VCP4), a couple of EMC certifications, 7 years of SAN experience as well as some ITIL experience so I am pretty well grounded for the exam, but I need study materials.

Any help/suggestions are appreciated !

0 Kudos
Hansb2
1 Copper

That's too bad, only by 1% 😞

But now at least you know which subjects need a little extra attention. I passed the E20-018 first try a few weeks ago, after having done an instructor led training. I found it an ok exam and the training was for most things quite ok.

(found it strange in an cloud training, that the instructor didn't now what iCloud was, but hey, you can't know everything)

As a compliment to the E20-018 I can recommend the E20-016 exam/training as well (which is the Data Center Architect track - Storage Networking). It covers a lot about building busines cases, ROI, NPV, governance and compliance.

I did the E20-016 first (a tough one btw!) and E20-018 afterwards.

Good luck on your retest!

0 Kudos
adin2
2 Iron

Hi Deeppat

Congrats ...I am planning to appear for e20-390 this month .I am going through the VILT .Do i have go through the Pre-req e-learning modules as well or VILT is enough.

Thanks

0 Kudos
deeppat
3 Argentium

Hello Adin . Yes, VILT is more than enough to pass. But, Its better if you go through the Pre-Req modules as well .There are certain portions that are not covered in VILT ,and you can expect questions from those areas. I do not recollect the exact topics.

Let me know if you need any  other info. I will be happy to help.

all the best!

0 Kudos
JESANT
1 Copper

Hello All,

Thanks for your advices,,, Today I cleared it !! . Really this time went with some info in brain .

Its a good experience , and this certification is a great one which IT professionals with more than 10 years exp must have. Thanks - Jesan

DGraci
3 Argentium

Congratulations!

0 Kudos