Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 27th, 2009 12:00

Exam security is something all Proven Professionals should be concerned about

Exam security is a big issue for all major IT certification programs right now.  EMC is a leader in designing and implementing effective exam security practices that protect the value and integrity of your EMC Proven Professional program.  Attached here is the latest update of EMC's exam security policies.  I encourage all candidates to read this short document to better understand EMC's approach to making sure your investment in certification is protected. 

Although the number of individuals who pass their exams as a result of fraudulent exam prep or test taking behavior is very small it can have a big impact on the value of your certification.  EMC is committed to providing the highest level of exam security and does take action when fraudulent exam practices are uncovered.  Every month we perform a statistical analysis of all exam result.  Any exam results found to be questionable - with a high probability of being the result of exam fraud - we revoke.  We have been doing this for over two years with great success. 

I encourage you to contact EMC if you have any questions about what exam fraud is and how we handle it.

Regards,

Liz Burns

EMC Proven Professional Program Manager

1 Attachment

33 Posts

February 24th, 2010 05:00

Gina - thanks for keeping this notice high in the Community discussions.  Exam security is a core value for EMC Proven Professional program as it benefits our candidates.

Just one update - since moving all our test delivery to PearsonVUE in April, 2009 EMC has not seen any new exam content stolen and available on the hundreds of web cheat sites.  While you may see our exams advertised, our investigations show that the exams are either old content (and people who use it are failing their exams) or actually not available as advertised.  I caution anyone thinking of purchasing "test prep" materials from these cheat sites - beware of what you are being offered as it may not be as advertised.

Again, I welcome discussion and questions on this topic.

Regards,

Liz Burns

EMC Proven Professional Program

Principal Program Manager

39 Posts

March 4th, 2010 10:00

I think it is important and know there are sites out there but how do we know if material you are using to study is something that violates any policies?

Example I have access to an official Military elearning portal which has many Tech certification studies available to me, I also use the ISM Book to help study. Now I would be safe using this material?

33 Posts

March 4th, 2010 11:00

Hi Luigi,

You can usually tell what is legitimate because you can get to it from the EMC website.  We have practice tests, eLearning, VILT's and the ISM book all available on our website.  However, the "cheat sites" are not affiliated with EMC at all.

There are several warning signs for sites you should avoid.

1)     They often have names like "Actual Test", "Kill Test", "Pass4Sure" etc.

2)     They often advertise that they have the "actual questions" or that they have practice tests and/or guarantee that you pass the test.

3)     They sell every possible IT exam you could ever want but don't really understand how the various programs work.  They are simply showing lists of exams without the logic of the certification framework, addition of training to support that test etc.  They are in the business only to sell content they have stolen from IT vendors.

We caution against using these sites for many reasons.  First, it is a violation of the EMC exam security policy to use these test materials as they can often be actual copies of the exam questions.  Clearly access to the actual questions will invalidate your exam results.  We do review all results and can identify when people have used these materials.  We do actively revoke exams when this is discovered.  Second,  they have down level versions of our exams.  Since we moved to VUE as our only exam provider we have not seen any of these sites able to steal our exams.  So - what they are selling will not help pass the test.  Finally, they will often take your money but provide no product.  The individuals who run these sites steal the content from IT vendors.  Do you really want to be giving them your cc numbers?

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Liz

33 Posts

March 8th, 2010 06:00

Social Media has greatly expanded the ability of those sites and individuals offering EMC "practice tests" to reach their audience.  We are seeing weekly posts on Twitter for these sites.  Remember to check carefully before purchasing any materials on line that guarentee a pass on an EMC exam, or say they have "practice tests".  Often these sites have down level versions of the exam and/or materials that will violate our exam security policies (attached).  If you have any questions about the validity of exam prep materials please feel free to contact us at edservices@emc.com.  We are happy to advise you.

Protect your certification and make sure you have the best possible test prep materials.

1 Attachment

39 Posts

March 8th, 2010 06:00

Very good Advice Liz, I personally don't use any of those as I know they are scams and can't trust them for anything. I personally use stuff Authorized from the DOD so I know it's not a scam, as they don't give any practice test or guarantee passing in any way just study material. I think of those site like the get rich quick schemes or send me a dollar mails.

If I see any tweets on this I will let you all know.

Personally for me the EMC Proven is a great challenge but will be my sweetest reward upon acheiving this (even if it takes multiple times to pass!) as it is the 1 certificate I have wanted & other personal reasons to achieve.

This community is great and the participants are excellent. I will help anyone in anyway that I can to have them better understand stuff that I know but the right way.

24 Posts

March 8th, 2010 19:00

The thing is that just have your concepts clear and you will definetely succeed in the exam. Take exam as a challenge and face the challenge , dont look for the sites that gurantee you sample exams and all as they may have some questions similar but few % and that will not help you at all and you should look at the certification as adding upto your knowledge armoury and not as a boundation to clear.

All the best....

No Events found!