Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 25th, 2013 22:00

I am a newer to EMC.

I am a newer to EMC, but I am a older in storage area. I just want to learn knowledge about EMC products, Because I am really looking forward to working for EMC one day in the future.!

633 Posts

November 26th, 2013 05:00

Hi, and welcome to the ECN!

Is there a particular product you're looking to learn about, or are you thinking of taking a training course for a product?

4 Posts

November 26th, 2013 06:00

No, I have no idea. I will appreciate it very much if you can give me some directions.

633 Posts

November 26th, 2013 07:00

Your original message said that you are an "older" in the storage field. What is your current experience? Do you have a particular goal in mind, like a career path, or achieving certification for your current role?

1.4K Posts

November 26th, 2013 11:00

There is a difference in Working on EMC Products and working for EMC. Working on EMC Products do require knowledge about the product whereas later may not require it.

4 Posts

November 26th, 2013 20:00

Thanks very much. I am now working in a storage software company which develops iSCSI SAN and Backup software. I am  a software tester and a pre-sale engineer. I am aware of storage concepts like IP SAN,RAID, CDP and so on. Actually I have no career path on my mind. I am looking forward to get some help from you which are very professional.

633 Posts

December 9th, 2013 09:00

Do you have any previous training/certifications? If not, you might want to start by looking at some of our open courses, like ISMv2 or Backup Recovery. Our Certification Framework is role-based, with courses aligned to a particular role, such as Data Center Architect or Cloud Architect.

You can browse around some of the other forums to learn more about specific products,

No Events found!