Highlighted
Ashwani_Babbar
1 Copper

Interested in moving to backup domain specifically with EMC vendor. Can someone provide me the study material for the same

Can someone provide me the study material so that i can start my career in Backup domain taking EMC products.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
minksg
3 Cadmium

Re: Interested in moving to backup domain specifically with EMC vendor. Can someone provide me the study material for the same

Hi, and welcome to the community!

I'm a little confused by your question - are you looking for study material for a specific exam, or advice on how to get started as a Proven Professional? -Gina

0 Kudos
Ashwani_Babbar
1 Copper

Re: Interested in moving to backup domain specifically with EMC vendor. Can someone provide me the study material for the same

Hi Gina

Thanks for looking into the post. I'm curious to know the meaning of 'Proven Professional' as i haven't heard of such term before.

Regards

Ashwani

0 Kudos
ddProven
3 Argentium

Hello -

This is the heading description for EMC Proven Professional that is noted on the EMC education website.

EMC Proven™ Professional
Develop and validate your skills to plan, deploy, manage, and leverage your information infrastructures by achieving your EMC Proven Professional certification.  This comprehensive learning and certification program is the # 1 certification in the information storage and management industry.

ddProven

0 Kudos
minksg
3 Cadmium

Dawn gave a pretty good explanation of what the term EMC Proven Professional means..were you looking for more information about that? Or are you looking for training information?

0 Kudos
Ashwani_Babbar
1 Copper

Where can i get the study material? If possible please supply me with some free links available.

0 Kudos
minksg
3 Cadmium

We're still confused about what you are looking for. Are you looking to study for an exam? Or are you just looking for training? And when you talk about "moving to the backup domain" - what do you mean? What's your technical background - are you working with storage now? Let us know, I'm sure the community can help you out once we know what it is you are looking for.

0 Kudos
Ashwani_Babbar
1 Copper

Hi Gina

I'm B.E (Electronics and Comm.) with 4yrs and 7 mths of experience, Currently i'm into Operations Control for the past 2 years and looking into for a change into technical profile. I want to pursue my career in Backup domain and as i don't possess any knowledge of backup domain, so need to start from the scratch.

Could you please guide me of how to start for it.

Regards

Ashwani

0 Kudos
minksg
3 Cadmium

Hi Ashwani,

Ok one more round of questions (I think!). What do you do for Operations control? Is that a help desk role? Do you have any experience or knowledge of storage?

And why do you want to get into the backup domain? Just curious here -- I've had to do backups as part my duties in previous jobs. You really learn a lot about environments in that role, that is for sure.

I hope you don't mind the questions, we're just trying to figure out what you are really asking us, so we can give you the best answer.

0 Kudos
Ashwani_Babbar
1 Copper

Hi Gina

Sure, ready to face round of questions...

Operations Control: Monitoring networks and servers via CA Unicenter, Backups via CA Autosys and EMC Networker, creation of Remedy incidents, scheduling jobs via Autosys and Tivoli OPC and much more...I don't have any experience in storage. i feel it's easy to learn for me any domain i'm put into, but feel backup would be fine for me. I'm not getting chance to move to technical domain , hope you could help me out . EMC is one of the the top most admired company thoughout the world .

Hope it answered and i passed my interview.

0 Kudos