Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 1st, 2012 10:00

Meet EMC Proven Professional: Afra Aldhaheri

Afra is from the United Arab Emirates and currently attending California State University at Chico.  Chico State, an EMC Academic Alliance partner, offers the Information Storage and Management course as an elective.  As an MIS major, Afra knew this course would provide her with the essential knowledge necessary to succeed in her chosen career path. 

Afra found her overall understanding of storing and managing information was greatly improved after completing this course. She had a chance to learn the basics of different types of storage media as well as the best methods for backing up and retrieving data.  Afra has also found that she makes wiser choices and more informative decisions with the knowledge she gained from this course.

Not only was the EMC Information Storage and Management certification Afra’s first credential, but it came at a time when she was struggling with school.  Passing the ISM exam gave Afra confidence and determination to push through all obstacles.

In addition to plans for a Masters degree in MIS, Afra is preparing to take the Cloud Infrastructure and Services exam. She believes knowledge is the most important aspect of learning, but also knows the certificate is a reminder of the achievement and the hard work that was invested.  As Afra states, “when I look at the ISM certificate I recently earned, I feel that I don’t want it to be the only one. “  It has inspired her to work harder and seek out other exams and certifications that will benefit her career.

At this early stage in Afra’s career, she knows that the certification will not only enhance her resume, but also show future employers that she is serious, hardworking and most importantly, an achiever.

Chico State has also been featured in the University Spotlight.  Click here to learn more.

Click here to read additional Proven Spotlights.

No Responses!
No Events found!