Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 16th, 2010 07:00

Need Help to Join SAN Course

Hi Michelle
still I m confuse which course to join. I m beginner in  SAN.I currently working as IT Administrator & I have 4Year of Exp.  Plz guide me regard this.

Thanks & Regards

Vikrant Patil

452 Posts

March 16th, 2010 07:00

Hello Vikrant,

First, let's make sure that I understand what you need.  Are you looking for a particular course or do you want to become an EMC Proven Professional (get certified?).

If you're looking for certification, and with four years of experience you'd be well-positioned to do so, you would begin with the Information Storage and Management (ISM)  course and exam.  You can find the E20-001 ISM course description here.  Also, you'll find a free practice exam.

Course purchase options can be found here.and you can also use our ISM book as a supplement and a great resource.

I hope this is what you were looking for; if not, just post back!

Michelle

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

March 16th, 2010 09:00

Hello Vikrant.

There are several prerequisite eLearning courses you'll need to take before joining any of our instructor lead classes.

You can see all of the SAN courses involved from our education portal, education.emc.com

From the portal home page, select "Storage Area Network (SAN)" from the "Training" menu near the top of the portal.

Start with the prerequisite eLearning, then you can either attend "SAN Management" or order the Video ILT. You will also see a SAN ValuePak option there that includes all of the courses.

I hope this helps.

Greg

10 Posts

March 16th, 2010 22:00

Hi  Michelle

For your first question the answer is YES.Actually I Enquired about EMC Information Storage and Management (ISM) course, but in EMC they r telling you must be a EMC partner, client & etc. Suppose I m going to join course in private institute what u think which will be best ? And what do you think about SAN Testing Course.

10 Posts

March 16th, 2010 22:00

Hi Greg

Thanks for reply.

452 Posts

March 17th, 2010 05:00

Hello Vikrant,

I apologize if you were given incorrect information; the Information Storage and Management (ISM) course and exam are available to everyone.  Passing this exam will earn you an Associate level EMC Proven Professional certification.

If you could please let us know your location, we can help you to find a nearby training and exam center for ISM.

As for the SAN courses that Greg spoke of, he's the expert in that area so I'd defer to him.

Best of luck!

Michelle

56 Posts

June 9th, 2010 03:00

Hello Vikrant,

Information Storage and Management (ISM) course is the best to begin with..  SAN testing is something different...

Thanks & Regards

Sanjit Achary

10 Posts

June 9th, 2010 22:00

Thanks Sanjit

Next month i m planning to join Clariion Course in rrootshell in Banglore.

Thanks & Regards

Vikrant Patil

56 Posts

June 9th, 2010 22:00

Thats great :-)

Happy learning and all the best

Thank you

Sanjit Kumar Achary

452 Posts

June 10th, 2010 04:00

Hello Vikrant,

Does you plan to take the CLARiiON course mean that you have completed Information Storage and Technology training and certification?  That would be wonderful!

Michelle

452 Posts

June 15th, 2010 06:00

Hello Vikrant,

A very big CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Your EMC Proven Professional Associate level certification offers some great benefits. My personal fav is Knowledge Sharing.

Here is a link to all the Proven benefits.

And a link to our Knowledge Sharing page.

Also, you are now eligible to participte in 'by invitation only' events held in the Proven "ONLY" community.

Welcome to this great community of IT professionals!

What do you plan to do next?

10 Posts

June 15th, 2010 06:00

Hi

Today i cleared E20-001 Exam with 80%.

Thanks & Regards

Vikrant Patil

10 Posts

June 15th, 2010 22:00

Thanks Michelle

My Next Plan is to join EMC Symmetric training.

Thanks & Regards

Vikrant Patil     

56 Posts

June 16th, 2010 22:00

Hi Vikrant,

Congrats for this achievement... !!

Thank you

Sanjit Achary

10 Posts

June 19th, 2010 01:00

Thanks Sanjit

Thanks & Regards