Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 17th, 2010 14:00

Need info on the weekly AVAMAR webcast. Anyone have the dial-in/conferencing info?

Need info on the weekly AVAMAR webcast.  Anyone have the dial-in/conferencing info?

13 Posts

I was told there was a weekly AVAMAR webcast that takes place every Friday, provided by EMC... that focuses only on the AVAMAR products.  Am looking for the conferencing / dial in info for that webmeeting, so I can join.

I am on the list to attend EMCWorld this year, but it has not been finalized yet... I sure hope I can come!  I love Boston and meeting up with my EMC counterparts.  :^)

546 Posts

Hey Barb at Dell! Is his webcast an education or an Avamar thing? I may have to poke around to find out for you. Are you coming to EMC World this year?

5 Posts

March 18th, 2010 06:00

Yes, every Friday at 8:00 a.m Pacific/11:00 a..m. Eastern there is a live webcast that gives a brief overview of the Avamar solution and then a product demonstration.  Below is the abstract from the e-vite invitation; please contact your local EMC sales representation and s/he can provide the instructions/passwords for joining the webcast.  BTW, we will be scheduling some use case-specific demos in April, I'll post the schedule here when everything is finalized!

Abstract:
Learn how Avamar data deduplication technology enables fast, daily full backups for VMware, Remote Office, Desktop/Laptop, and file system/NAS data.  Unlike traditional backup solutions, Avamar reduces the size of backup data at the source -- before it is transferred across the network or virtual infrastructure.
  • Fast, daily full backups despite congested infrastructure

• Deduplicates data at the source, reducing daily network impact up to 500x

• Flexible virtual machine backups at Guest of vStorage APIs

• Solves remote office bakcup bottlenecks and data is encrypted for security

• Fast, single-step recovery

• Data recoverability verified daily

Attend a live webcast for a brief overview of the Avamar solution and product demonstration.

No Events found!