Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 22nd, 2011 10:00

New Captiva Certification

EMC's Information Intelligence Group is pleased to offer a new product/technology specific credential:

Captiva Installation, Configuration, and Management

This credential is awarded after successful completion of the Captiva Installation, Configuration, and Management exam (E22-192).

The Captiva Installation, Configuration, and Management exam is available starting today, March 25, 2011.

Information about this exam can be found here: http://mylearn.emc.com/portals/home/ml.cfm?actionID=451&type=captiva_ICM

Click the E22-192 Exam Description link in the Exam Details box on the right of the page. We suggest that you read through the exam description and consider your level of knowledge for each of the topics. The certification exam is built around that description.

You may want to try the practice exam, which is also accessible in the Exam Details box. That will provide you with an opportunity to assess your readiness for the certification exam, and it will provide detailed feedback about areas that you may want to study further. It's important that you only take the practice test once to make the best use of this resource. Repeating it will eventually get you a better score as you 'guess' answers, but the goal is to determine if you know the topics that are covered in the 'real' exam. Passing the practice exam doesn't guarantee that you will pass the certification exam, but it's one free resource that you can use to prepare.

The courses that you can purchase to prepare for this exam are listed on the exam page. Our courses are often available in a variety of formats (classroom, eLearning etc.) so you can choose the option that is best for you.

For more information about EMC's Information Intelligence Group's offerings in the EMC Proven Professional certification program as well as all IIG Education Services offerings, consult our myLearn portal. Please contact Amy Pickard, Certification Program Manager for EMC's Information Intelligence Group, with any questions about this certification.

Good luck on the exam!

61 Posts

February 19th, 2013 06:00

Hi there. The exam has not yet been updated for Captiva 7. We expect to update it by end of year to account for changes with Captiva 7 and will send out communication a good time before hand. I hope that helps.

Thanks.

Amy

27 Posts

April 6th, 2011 10:00

Great to see this... Can you tell me how much does it cost to write this cert?

61 Posts

April 6th, 2011 11:00

Hello. The exam is $200US at any Pearson VUE testing center. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

61 Posts

April 11th, 2011 08:00

Yes. If you go to the URL in my original post, there is a link to the Practice Exam on the top-right. Please let me know if you have any issues finding it.

Amy

40 Posts

April 11th, 2011 08:00

Hi,

There is a site with practice tests?

40 Posts

April 12th, 2011 01:00

I find it.

Thank you.

February 11th, 2012 06:00

hi, how many attempts that captiva inputaccel certification exam for $200. can we write at any time the 2 attempt.

61 Posts

February 13th, 2012 06:00

There is only one attempt allowed per $200 US registration fee. Please let me know if you have further questions.

Sincerely,

Amy Pickard

Certification Program Manager

Information Intelligence Group

February 22nd, 2012 01:00

Amy,

What's the passing score for the certification ?

61 Posts

February 27th, 2012 06:00

Hello Julien. We do not publish the passing scores for the certification exams. I suggest you take a look at the practice exam provided on this page to see the types of questions that may be asked on the certification exam to see if you think you're prepared. http://mylearn.emc.com/portals/home/ml.cfm?actionID=451&type=captiva_ICM

Passing the practice exam is not a guarantee that you will pass the certification exam but it will give you a good idea of whether you feel you are prepared for the types of questions that will be asked.

Regards,

Amy Pickard

Certification Program Manager

Information Intelligence Group

2.5K Posts

January 21st, 2013 19:00

Hi Amy, I had a doubt of whether some lines to be filled in the comments section? As I see after the practice test there are some questions which I am marked with half of the mark or either 60% mark. So just getting confused is it required to write something in the comments section.

61 Posts

January 22nd, 2013 05:00

Hello. That is a bug in the testing system that we just discovered earlier this week. The issue has been submitted to support and is under review. Thank you for letting us know.

61 Posts

January 22nd, 2013 07:00

Hello. What appeared as a bug is actually the system working as designed. When you are shown that you received x out of y correct and a percentage score, that is giving you the total results for each objective/topic on the exam. You will notice this is only provided next to each objective when you review the results. So if there is an objective that has a total of 5 questions and you get 4 of them correct, you should see next to that objective 4 out of 5 possible and 80%. I hope this helps.

Amy

2.5K Posts

January 23rd, 2013 03:00

Thats well explained Amy. But still wondering why the comments section is available. Is it expected that a person who writes the exam should enter something in there? Is this the same way we see when we write the actual certifications??

2.5K Posts

February 13th, 2013 22:00

Hi Amy, can you clarify me on that pls...

No Events found!