Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

April 29th, 2010 10:00

Securing Storage in the face of V12n and The Cloud

As a security professional focusing on data storage security, I sometime wondier if the whole issue of data storage security has completely outdistanced today's data center, what  with the advent of server and storage virtualization, as well as cloud computing. On the other hand, I wonder if the lessons have we learned from activities like distributed computing and using remote sites for BC/DR, as well as designing and building solutions for remote backups and archives aren't still applicable when we think about storing data in the cloud.  Do any of these lessons still apply, or are cloud computing and v12n so radically different that we have to re-think, re-architect, and re-implement all of our applications and computing environments?

I'm scheduled to lead a BoF on this topic at EMC World 2010 starting at 8am on Wednesday morning (for all of you who were up all night ), but I'd like to get the discussion started earlier amongst the Proven community. What think'st thou? Do we have to start from scratch, and throw the baby out with the bathwater, or are there pertinent "lessons learned" from designing, implementing and managing remote storage facilities that apply equally well (or better) in the face of v12n and the Cloud?

546 Posts

May 12th, 2010 05:00

Charlie is room 209, he just got started. If you are come in!

49 Posts

May 20th, 2010 09:00

WIll you be sharing your slides?  On her blog, Gina mentioned that you posted them but I couldn't locate them.  Thanks!

546 Posts

May 20th, 2010 10:00

Here are Charlie's slides.

180 Posts

June 3rd, 2010 09:00

Hi Everyone, Did you know that Charlie develops training for EMC Education Services and is also one of our instructors!

If you are interested in learning more on this topic, please view the training offerings below:

Customers and Partners click here

EMC Employees click here

No Events found!