It has been observed by me that many people asking how to prepare for ISM examination. I recently cleared the examination with 75% in my first attempt and I would like to brief out the strategy to clear the examiantion.
1) It is absolutley necessary to purchase the book on ISM by Mr.Alok Srivastava.
2) In case u have had in Instructor Led Training then first attempt practice test present in the EMC website.
3) In case u did not have the ILD training u also first attempt to take the practice test and start reading the book and underline the topics in 'ITALICS' and 'SIDE HEADINGS' like water mark flushing, cache vaulting, ISCI naming conventions like EUI , IQN' and possible areas where questions can be framed which can be understood when u attempt the practice test.In the examination Questions can be on topics like Attack Surface, Port Lock down, Integrity, availability, Iscsi names ... and so on which are in ITALICS.
4) Have special attention to diagrams given in the book since based on the diagrams few questions can be asked.
5) Have special focus on features of EMC products where in u can be asked few questions.
6) It is necessary to revise the topics underlined just before a day to the examination.
7) Last but not the least a complete understanding of the concepts will make u clear the pass percent since questions are not directly framed on lines in the book, but on your understanding of the topic and the above steps will help u to maximise your score in the examination.
Disclaimer: These tips are my personal opinions and doesnt guarentee u to clear the examination.
Solved! Go to Solution.
I agree with you whole heartedly on using the book as a study guide. I've been doing storage (EMC storage mostly) for years now, and I still know there were a few areas I would not have made it through on the exam without the book as a reference to guide my thoughts on everything. That being said, I only had the book for a day and a half before I wrote the exam, but it was incredibly valuable as both a review tool, and a way of focusing my thoughts in the same "frame of mind" as the exam requires.
I've said it elsewhere (and lots of other people have too)... If you are going to take this exam... get this book!!!
Having cleared the proven associate examination, I am planning to write examination (E20-011 or E20-012) which would help me obtain specialist level. Could u please help me by providing materials for those examinations.Waiting for your reply.
For recommended study materials, exam descriptions and links to practice exams for any of the EMC Proven Professional Program exams follow the instructions below.
Hi Denny, we have all the information on the ISM book right in this community! Here's the link https://community.emc.com/docs/DOC-3185
Not only is it a great book to prepare for the E20-001 exam, many are telling us it's a great resource; enjoy!
Awesome, thanks. I found it on Amazon (for a lot less than Borders wants for it) so I'll pick it up there.