SteveFM
3 Zinc

Video Content Streaming from Webtop

Taking advantage of the current state of every major browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Chrome), JavaScript video players, and leveraging Content Server’s Accelerated Content Service (ACS), Alvaro de Andres found a solution to stream video content directly from Documentum to the user browser to provide the best user experience possible.

In this Knowledge Sharing article, Alvaro de Andres details his solution; one that allows any H.264/MPEG-4 (.mp4 file) to be streamed from Documentum Content Server to Webtop and played by the MediaElements.js video player, which supports HTML5 playback.

Read the full article here.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
msroth1
3 Silver

Re: Video Content Streaming from Webtop

Nice solution and nice article.  I tried to do something like this many years ago, long before there was an ACS or built-in video viewers to help.  Your solution is much cleaner -- and secure -- than mine ever was.  Congrats on publication.

aldago-zF7Lc
4 Germanium

Re: Video Content Streaming from Webtop

Scott Roth wrote:

Nice solution and nice article.  I tried to do something like this many years ago, long before there was an ACS or built-in video viewers to help.  Your solution is much cleaner -- and secure -- than mine ever was.  Congrats on publication.

Thanks Scott Roth